Rewind

Olllie

Bom Bom Cloud
VIP Junglist
This may seem like a silly question but I was just wondering if there was a certain technique to making a rewind sound good? Mine sound noway near as good as when the pros do it!

do it at the right point....also when i do a rewind i flick the crossfader a few times as if im doing a scratch...it sounds alright if u do it right

This may seem like a silly question but I was just wondering if there was a certain technique to making a rewind sound good? Mine sound noway near as good as when the pros do it!

not really a technique as such..... but just practice mate..... believe it or not pro's do practice their rewinds from time to time..... Me and Bebop.... (The Mutant DJs) often just jump on the decks when a rewind is called when either of us are mixin..... and it turns into a two man rewind extravaganza..... hahaha..... just have a laugh mate..... dont take things to seriously...... have fun and the crowd will have fun too....

I know what you mean mate - at first my rewinds used to sound a bit whack, but if you practice them you'll soon find your own technique for doing them, everyone does them very slightly differently...

I tend to keep mine fairly short and quick, and I fade down on that channels volume fader as I'm pulling them back...

If you got shit torque on your decks try hitin the stop button first then rip it back, thats the only way i can make it sound good on mine.

I know what you mean mate - at first my rewinds used to sound a bit whack, but if you practice them you'll soon find your own technique for doing them, everyone does them very slightly differently...

I tend to keep mine fairly short and quick, and I fade down on that channels volume fader as I'm pulling them back...

:word:

ive got a tendancy to rewind a little but not press stop...... let it go for a few beats agen then pull it up...... while bebop fuks about on the faders!! hahahaha...

yeh.... but not if your at a club and they have Technics.....

:word:

"Reverse... Button?" What herecy is this? I know not of this fabled "Revese Button", Go forth and gather me this reverse button...

No but seriously though, gotta use your hands, any other way is just plain not right!

Imo they sound like a hamster being probed with a cucumber:nurr_nur:

If a dj is rocking a crowd and then all of a sudden rewinds the tune it kinda wrecks the vibe they being creating esp if the rewind once twice hell even three times, altho there is some exceptions cant think what tho....

Btw whats the difference between a rewind and a reload? Or are they the same thing?

Imo they sound like a hamster being probed with a cucumber:nurr_nur:

If a dj is rocking a crowd and then all of a sudden rewinds the tune it kinda wrecks the vibe they being creating esp if the rewind once twice hell even three times, altho there is some exceptions cant think what tho....

Btw whats the difference between a rewind and a reload? Or are they the same thing?

they are the same bro......

although in the meaning of them i suppose they arent.... rewind = the action of pulling it back...... Reload = reloading the tune to the start......

but yeh anyway.... they mean the same in the dnb world...

Got any audio?

Hahahah there's and idea along with midgets falling down the stairs got an instant break brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr followed by the hamster sound , would shure to get rinsed out...Now what would the bassline be???????

Back
Top Bottom