REVIEWS

Radius

Full Spectrum Selection
VIP Junglist
Seeing as the review section is still under construction, I figured I'd keep the reviews rolling here...only a small selection though....

Barry White Vs Unknown
Whoever mixed up this cheeky little number has managed to fuse “Never Gonna Give You Up” into a Drum and bass timeframe. With some careful Cutting of the original bass, they have left enough frequency left to add a new sub. Lots all been done quite tastefully, and the whole thing stays quite true to the original. The flip is “Found Without You”, it’s a soulful little roller that completes this package nicely. Certainly one to find before the copyright Nazis remove it from the shelves.

SKC & Matt U “Prime Evil/Stray Shot” Timeless
The Timeless legend continues, with some quality darkness. An expectant intro drops into a neatly programmed drop. The beats are tight, precise. Clever use of “ghost beats” gives this a roll, with out loosing the impact. A haunting drone wails out across the darkness. Bell like tones add a percussive melody over the super low sub. “Stray Shot” is even more chilling. Horror filmscore orchestrals will get the hairs on your neck standing on end. The mood goes from expectant to sixth gear in one switch. Warped subs drive the track with a ferocious energy.

Total Science “Breakfast Club (Break Remix)/Beta & Zero Tolerance “Secada” (TS Remix) CIA Ltd
This classic jungle techno bubbler just won’t die. Break adds the next level technique to the mix. The intro keeps the original vibe, but when it drops it has that classic Break pressure. The subs are on the edge of human hearing, and the beats seem to slice through the air. Killa. The flip is no less impressive. Total Science relick “Secada”. Their beat mangling skills are not lost on this track. The sub is even more warped than before. It's a dubby roller with some extra twist courtesy of the TS lads.

NOn-D&B LPS :

Long Range “Madness & Me” Long Range Recordings
Phil Hartnol (Orbital) and Nick Smith have put together a future classic. It has a full range of styles and emotions, and each time the track is memorable. No wonder then that they’ll be at loads of festivals this year, including Glastonbury and Glade.
“Lie Down” is a compelling way to start an album. It is hard not to be sucked in by the big strings and haunting vocals. There is a desolate emptiness conveyed by this track, guaranteed to touch to your soul.
“Madness and Me” the title track is one of those tracks that will worm its way into your psyche. Before you know it you will find yourself whistling it, and not even realise you are doing it. It’s a huge soundtrack, and one that will no doubt be in your top playlist.
Its not just a sit back and chill album. There are some hyperactive moments, ranging from tuff breaks/electro, to rock guitar and techno thrashings. One way or the other, it the sort of album that you can keep coming back to. This album may have taken three years to make, but was well worth the effort.

Back 2 Back Botchit: Backdraft
Backdraft have made quite an impact on the breaks scene. They have forged their own dark style of breaks. Rather than content themselves with imitating, they have innovated. The results have certainly seen plenty of reactions on the dancefloor, and now the lads have a mix CD, with a bonus CD of separate tracks. The mix kicks off with the high “Off the Wall” by the lads themselves. Heavy intricate beats and doom-laden basslines set the pace, as you are dragged through no less than 35 tracks! Now that' s mixing. There are some horrible tracks on here. The infamous “Fuck off, Piss Off” gets a remix by Backdraft. There are plenty more exclusives too. One of the first ever tracks on Botchit “Boomin Back Atcha’” gets the Hybrid treatment. Oh gosh. ”Forever Yong” has been given another touch too, by Freq Nasty and BLIM…solid !! There are just so many bubblin bassline rinsers on this CD, that well, you’ll have to give it a few listens to let it sink in. Superb, you can’t go wrong with this one.

nice one Stan, that Barry White one sounds like a go-er!:rik:

where's the Barry smiley, in remembrance?

nice one Stan, that Barry White one sounds like a go-er!:rik:

where's the Barry smiley, in remembrance?

Yep I snapped up that Barry White bit aswell, I think the booty was actually done by T Power, I prefer the flip though.

Last edited:
Not sure who did the Barry White track, but sure am loving it..flip is a wicked roller...I think it was one of the artists frtom the Shout label, but not 100% on that...

Me niether, just that my white was labeled by the record shop, but they may of got it wrong.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom