review of new song BrassValleys

Yeah, it's missing a kick, a drop, a good sub bass. Apart from that I really like it, kinda epic, soundtracky sound.
The bass you have in there, sounds more like a pad, spread a bit wide and maybe a bit clipped or distorted? I think it sounds ok, but maybe not as an intro to a cleaner mono sub and a drop with a kick.
That's the direction I would go in, you may be happy with the more ambient feel.

Yeah, it's missing a kick,

U have a good ear, just found out that the kick was muted when I did audio mixdown! lol Here it is with a kick, much the same though: http://www.zshare.net/audio/722102352bc33c87/

And no I did not use a pad, I used the analogue classique instrument in massive, made lots of changes, increased the unison to 3-4 and boosted the bass. I have 3 tracks playing the bassline using the same instrument loaded into massive, with some EQing to add to the bass.

Its not finshed yet now I have decided whats its missing.

Some vocals.

Last edited:
i like the kind of live feel to the drums. i really like the drop as well, it just comes on and then your off into quite a dancey track. it's the kind of drum and bass i reckon derrick vincent smith would make if he made dnb

Back
Top Bottom