Reverse Cymbal Sucking

Dugg Funnie

VIP Junglist
Not quite sure how to describe this but does anyone know a good way I could get a cymbal hit to occur then sound like it sucks up in reverse for beat 2.

I've tried reversing the sample and crossfading between the normal hit and the reversed hit but it does quite dip down low enough and come up like I'd like.

Should I squash the shit out of the reversed sample then sidechain it? Idk, any input would be thrilling!

Not sure if i totally understadn but in cubase i use fade in and select the right volume curve to get it to time well

this might help too, he gets into the type of thing youre saying

[video=vimeo;21137756]http://vimeo.com/21137756[/video]

I'm not sure I am fully understanding either bro but if you mean what I think you mean you're over complicating things! :)

Just have two channels/tracks, one with standard cymbal one with reverse. Place them on the grid where you want them to be so they merge into each other :)

Or is that not what you meant?

im goin with parsons, wouldnt u just get a track with one sample and a track with the reverse then put them next to eachother how u want it to sound?

Ok ya, I was being a retard. I just crossfaded the two samples using Ableton's audio crossfading, then added some gain stage automation to make it work how I wanted. I was making a mountain out of a molehole with this one; thanks homies!

Thread name is fucking gold, reverse cymbal sucking ..might get some nice samples out of that recording session : D

Back
Top Bottom