Rever - In Reality (Liquid DNB)

not bad man, i mean its your first track, but things could do with some work, the vocals dont work, they dont sound in key, and piano is nice, but doesnt carry the tune like it is trying to, and seems a little off it doesnt work with the strings properly, and the drums are very weak, try keeping it simple, keep things flowing melodically, its just a bit all over the place.

now this is kinda off topic but i might rant a little, why would you want to show anyone your first finished track? your 15, im assuming you have just started producing not to long ago, why would you need someone elses opinion yet? realistically your not going to be any good for years yet, its a long game, you should be able to listen to your tunes youre making and make judgements for yourself on whether they work or not, why not try listen to music you enjoy and place them side by side? imo you really dont need feedback so early, you gotta get to grips with so much shit first, before thinking about making a tune for other people to listen to and enjoy.

unless you posted it simply to ask some people if youre on the right track, then yes, you are. keep at it.

\rant

Thanks for your comments. i posted it because i wanted to see whether i should give up making dnb coz im terrible or keep at it coz i have something going.

thats for you to decide, no one else, if you want to give up then give up, no one else should sway that decision for you, if you love making music/dnb then who gives a fuck what other people think, first and foremost you should be producing for yourself.

and as i said, it takes a fucking long time for people to get anywhere near good, dnb is fucking hard to produce, listen to some of the stuff round here, and some of these people have been going at it for years. if you dont wanna accept the fact shits gonna take time, hard work, and perseverance, then maybe music production isnt for you. your lucky though man, your 15, and trust me your shit doesnt sound too bad, just keep at it, dont get caught up in finishing tunes or other peoples producing techniques, do what feels right, and make as much music as you can.

Teh tune is allright, has that oldskool vibe going. It shows a lot of promise and shows you really have a vision, but it takes years of practice man. Just keep at it. It's miles better than most 'first attempts' I've heard, including mine.

Nobody can tell from a first attempt at liquid or neuro or whatever if they are any good at it. Nobody's got talent like that, not even Memro hehe....

Back
Top Bottom