Retrograde - Benzogate (DJCraig Remix)

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by DJCX43, Jun 30, 2012.

1. DJCX43

DJCX43 New Member

Hello Im new here and i been interested in Dnb / Jungle for quite awhile, i have to say you peeps from Uk, you people are lucky to grown up in a 90s
    but anyway i want to give a try at producing since i have some ideas on my head

here is a remix of a track i done from the very first GTA , I would love feedback and try and improve on my future tunes

http://youtu.be/lg2Xlc07QGo

Last edited: Jul 1, 2012
  2. DJCX43

DJCX43 New Member

bump with fixed link

3. IV4

IV4 Currently a newt.

Bass is distorted and bland thats not good. Drums are not well mixed. You got some good ideas though.

4. DJCX43

DJCX43 New Member

Well i was trying to emulate the kind of tech bass going on and yeah i know the drums are abit mixed here and there but thanks

5. IV4

IV4 Currently a newt.

The comment was not meant to bring you down but elevate you skills higher. We all learn from our mistakes. Me most of all. Also that is not a tech bass. That is an overly loud square wave.
    I was also thinking some one might jump in and tell you "You need to learn about cadence." It did not happen. You should any way.
    Like I said. You have some good ideas floating around in your head. I can tell because I used to make songs much worse than this one. And listen to many people who make songs worse than this one. But you need to get some of the fundamentals down first. When you can blend your creative talent with production talent. That is when the artist is born.
    Also I apoligize if I sound like a dick. Please understand this is not my intention.

6. DJCX43

DJCX43 New Member

Lol dont worry it didnt bring me down but il take your advice in specially about the cadence and fundamentals part