Response & Pliskin - Plastic Face / Tangled Web (Western Lore)

Vydx

VIP Junglist

LORE LTD 001:
Response & Pliskin
A: Plastic Face (15:11)
B Tangled Web (12:58)

Vinyl only, LTD Edition, one off pressing of 400 copies. Strictly for the hardcore!!!

Pre-orders open April 2018 (exact date soon come) exclusively from www.westernlore.co.uk. Any overstock may be distributed to retail at a later date.

Notes:
- Response & Pliskin set fire to the rulebook and used it to cook up these two absolute masterclasses in far out Jungle Teknoism . At fifteen and thirteen minutes respectively, journey is an understatement, I've been playing Plastic Face almost in it's entirety at gigs and this track is seriously turning heads and moving limbs. These guys are gonna take things to another level in 2018, don't sleep on this one. - Eveson/DMC

I have been super into Response ever since he started hoofing out bangers par excellence on Ingredients but this is a proper masterpiece of a record imo.

i dont really like the 1991 uk rave mc sample in plastic face. However, if i was still dj'ing these days, at 15 mins long it would be my go to track if i needed to run to the bogs for a piss mid set.

Actually, at 15 mins long you could take a dump and still make it back in time for a flawless outro mix and a massive cheer from the crowd, pants still around the ankles.

yep all jokes aside, i'm glad some producers aren't giving in to the current norm of 3 minute tracks that go absolutely nowhere.

This aint stock aitken and waterman drum and bass.

Mind you, we dont need 15 minute long tracks either!

(y):rasta:

jut play like 4 of those in a set....stand there drinking and talking with everybody the rest of the time.

That's pretty much what he did on that Storm and friends livestream last weekend.

Sticks on a fucking incredible 15 minute long tune and bops about nodding his head and polishing off another beer, before kind of shrugging and mixing in something else after 12 minutes or so.

I have never in my life felt so envious of anyone.

Fuck this whole "I must hammer together 30 tunes in an hour regardless of how they develop as individual pieces of music" lark, it sells the music short, it sells the art short, all it shows is that you're hyperactive and can't set a mood that isn't BALLS OUT INTENSITY for 60 minutes.

Idk I like response but I'm not really digging this one. Maybe I'm missing something that is in the other ten minutes but I feel like this is one of those three hour long movies where they could have cut 45 minutes out and made it really good. Like 7 minutes and it prolly would have been toty instead of longest tune oty.

Idk I like response but I'm not really digging this one. Maybe I'm missing something that is in the other ten minutes but I feel like this is one of those three hour long movies where they could have cut 45 minutes out and made it really good. Like 7 minutes and it prolly would have been toty instead of longest tune oty.
I think it's the kind of tune that's truly appreciated on the dancefloor, like a lot of this kind of stuff really. Granted it's quite long but when you're off your tits it doesn't really matter does it?

Enjoyed that Storm + friends takeover, Response has got some brilliant music coming this year.

Back
Top Bottom