Resonator (WIP a lot of new stuff added so i need your opinion, Wtf long title)

Okay the intro starts too empty I think, maybe throw a big crash on the first note and add some atmospheric sounds on the background to fill it up.
The drums itself sound nice, like the bass riser in the intro, but don't like the gated notes afterwards, sound too simple too me
Throw on some reverb on some of the mid bass sounds, they sound a little too dry.
The FX crash/downsweep @ 0:45 is a little too loud in the mix as well as the vocal that follows right afterwards.

From the drop on to the end I think it is all way too simple, hoped that a switch-up was going to happen but you just go on with the dry sounds.
So try working on widening your sounds and adding subtle reverb to them. Should sound better!

Okay the intro starts too empty I think, maybe throw a big crash on the first note and add some atmospheric sounds on the background to fill it up.
The drums itself sound nice, like the bass riser in the intro, but don't like the gated notes afterwards, sound too simple too me
Throw on some reverb on some of the mid bass sounds, they sound a little too dry.
The FX crash/downsweep @ 0:45 is a little too loud in the mix as well as the vocal that follows right afterwards.

From the drop on to the end I think it is all way too simple, hoped that a switch-up was going to happen but you just go on with the dry sounds.
So try working on widening your sounds and adding subtle reverb to them. Should sound better!

Got a lot of work to do then xd

I like the drum work in the intro, but that riser is a little too dry for my taste, as is the synth and bass. Needs some fluctuations in filter movement and such. Everything just sounds too dry. Add some reverb to some bits.

Nice ideas tho

I like the drum work in the intro, but that riser is a little too dry for my taste, as is the synth and bass. Needs some fluctuations in filter movement and such. Everything just sounds too dry. Add some reverb to some bits.

Nice ideas tho

WOAH! "Needs some fluctuations in filter movement and such" i can kinda translate this, but i have no idea what you're saying ;p.
Can you explain it in a more simple english?

lol yeah sorry dude.

Ok, you bass (along with some other sounds) are just really dry, and dont have much movement to them, like every stab is the same, following so far? Either automate a lowpass filter on every say 8th or 16th bar to add a bit of subtle movement.

Alternatively try having a slow attack and medium release on a stab on every 1 and 8 bars or so.

Just keeps things interesting , so it doesnt go stale too quickly for the listener.

lol yeah sorry dude.

Ok, you bass (along with some other sounds) are just really dry, and dont have much movement to them, like every stab is the same, following so far? Either automate a lowpass filter on every say 8th or 16th bar to add a bit of subtle movement.

Alternatively try having a slow attack and medium release on a stab on every 1 and 8 bars or so.

Just keeps things interesting , so it doesnt go stale too quickly for the listener.

Aaah, Yeah i got it, will look into that o:
thanks

This is FUN!!! Where'd that vocal come from? Is that you? Love the Bit Decimation on it.

Dang... 1:05 I wasn't expecting the lead to go there... not my cup, way too happy sounding.
I really enjoyed the edits on the Lead in the intro, but once the tune 'goes off', it went in a direction that I'm not enjoying. Cool patch though, the sound is cool, it's mainly the sequence you chose (the notes).

I'm not hearing any bass on my cheap comp speaks... just put the headphones on... ahh, now I can hear the sub... it's really light though... sounds about 2-4 DB too low... I can hardly hear it in the headphones. Overall, the track is too happy for me, but I like the vocal snippet a lot... I'd love to play with it and make something dark with it (wish my setup was working).

what these guys have said basicly, try adding a notch filter with quite a slow LFO on it, then automate a resonant Low pass flilter ( i'd bounce it hear and bring it back in. Keep the patch and midi track muted incase you wanna go back to it) then maybe automate the EQ or high pass filter to take out all the lows maybe more resonance? just make it interesting keep things moveing and changing. i find a little switch up ever 16 bars keeps you on your toes, maybe change the automation in the LP filter for another 16 bars etc. change the drum patteren a little (If you can get your hands of the 2009 Alix pirez Computer music video he explains this quite well). on the subject of drums you kick and snare sounding quite nice, however they feel kinda lifeless with no splash or real energy to them (sorry if that sounded harsh) i recoment you type into youtube "chase n status tutorial" and watch part 1 and 2. until you can repeat what they say word for word. they go into quite a bit of detail about the importance of haveing differnt layers of beats etc. the only thing id ignor from this video is when they say they never use compression on there kicks n snares... the samples they are using alredy have plenty of punch, and even if you do have samples with plenty of punch you might still need to use compression on them. the Xample&Lomax 2009 computer music tutorial has some good stuff in it on making your beats punchy and fat. as a general rule i compress my kicks with an attack of roughly 25ms depending on the sample and the release at 0. Ratio between 2 and 4:1 and just play with the threshold til your happy, same for snares, but leave the release up a little: 5 - 20ms works well. Hope this helps!

Sorry for the Essay!

This is FUN!!! Where'd that vocal come from? Is that you? Love the Bit Decimation on it.

Dang... 1:05 I wasn't expecting the lead to go there... not my cup, way too happy sounding.
I really enjoyed the edits on the Lead in the intro, but once the tune 'goes off', it went in a direction that I'm not enjoying. Cool patch though, the sound is cool, it's mainly the sequence you chose (the notes).

I'm not hearing any bass on my cheap comp speaks... just put the headphones on... ahh, now I can hear the sub... it's really light though... sounds about 2-4 DB too low... I can hardly hear it in the headphones. Overall, the track is too happy for me, but I like the vocal snippet a lot... I'd love to play with it and make something dark with it (wish my setup was working).
http://www.looperman.com/acapellas....po=&ord=date&dir=DESC&Search=Search+Acapellas
That's where i got the vocal (First one in the list), and i Bitcrushed, decimated & accumulated it, enjoyed myself with Ohmicide

and i get a lot of comments that my songs sound too happy, how do you mean that xd?
i don't get it, i just make up a melody, should i go write pop music?
I need to be more emo to write dnb or what xd?
I made the melody to try and push a lot of energy inside the synth and try
maybe it's because i'm still having this idea in my head that i got to write something melodic with a few synths that are similar to eachother, gotta change that idea, but i don't wanna get like dubstep,
because the general dubstep for me is A kick and a snare and a whole lot of synths thrown in, with no melody whatsoever.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom