Research into DnB Fans: Please fill out!! :D takes 5 mins for a research article!

dnbfandan

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/HSZV6HQ

Hi guys: I'm doing a research paper into subcultures and Drum and Bass music: How fans respond to the music at DnB events/raves: If you could take the time to fill out my questionnaire I'd be massively grateful: It's really short and quick and completely anonymous! Just on the link above and below! (survey monkey)!

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/HSZV6HQ

Here are a few things I'm looking into in my research paper if you'd like to give any additional comments please comment on here!
I'm looking into subcultures: do all the people in these events make a community, or subculture? Are they from all different backgrounds? Do they share the same fashion/tastes?
Are these events used by their goers as a form of escapism from real life?
Recreational drug use? What are these events like in terms of drug use - are they revolved around drug culture?
Do many people drink alcohol at such events? If so, is it a large or small amount?
Are these events racially diverse? Is the integration of different ethnicities a peaceful/happy one?
Is there a, and if so what's the community like at these events?

Thanks guys REALLY APPRECIATE IT!

I'm looking into subcultures: do all the people in these events make a community, or subculture? Are they from all different backgrounds? Do they share the same fashion/tastes? I'm guessing more of a loose community, there really are all kinds of people there with very different tastes ect.
Are these events used by their goers as a form of escapism from real life? Doubt it, its just about having fun and enjoying the music, at least for me, might be different for others though obviously
Recreational drug use? What are these events like in terms of drug use - are they revolved around drug culture? Well especially weed gets consumed quite often (although I have no idea why, I want to dance not sit/lie around), amphetamines get used too pretty often, but it's deffo not all of the people that are going.
Do many people drink alcohol at such events? If so, is it a large or small amount? depends on the people, will theydrink heavly elsewhere? then they are drinking a lot at raves aswell, and vice verse with a small amount obviously. Most people drink alcohol though, just the amount varies
Are these events racially diverse? Is the integration of different ethnicities a peaceful/happy one? yeah there are all kinds of people there and everybodys pretty peaceful (well except for some jump up raves :teeth:), never seen a fight at a rave, might just have been lucky though
Is there a, and if so what's the community like at these events? Well if it's a community it is pretty loose, but I'd say that they are very accepting I guess?

done the survey, would love to see the results and the research once they are done :)

How did you two answer the question I highlighted above? It literally didn't make sense

I think the question is basically saying.. do you like the atmosphere that the people bring or do you like the atmosphere that lighting effects bring to a rave? kinda along those lines.. or at least that's how I interpreted it, but fuck knows. Agreed on the badly worded.

Apologies for the badly worded question, I did mean excluding the music are the following important to you, thanks iamjoey!

- - - Updated - - -

done the survey, would love to see the results and the research once they are done :)

Cele, I will post my research report on here when its done, along with all my results and thank you so much for your extra contribution and thanks to everyone filling out the survey!

I feel so left out :( Never been to a dnb event because dnb literally has no form if existence here :( (that I know of)

are you sure about that? i thought the NZ scene was pretty big / plenty of producers?, maybe im getting mixed up! what the fuck do i know right? :)

Anyway..........done! will be interesting to see the results of this.

- - - Updated - - -

I feel so left out :( Never been to a dnb event because dnb literally has no form if existence here :( (that I know of)

PM'd you let me know if you got it as its not showing in my sent items for some reason.........................

Back
Top Bottom