resampling woes - reason

jimjimjim

oldskool
VIP Junglist
Hey there,
looking for some tips on resampling.
What i am trying to do - get a continous tone from a sample. beeeeeeeeeeeep. or at least a longer tone than i can get from the sample.
So i find a section of a sample that has hardly any movement - set it to loop on zero-crossing points.
whack that in the sampler and play a note.
but i get beepbeepbeepbeep.

I think the problem could be the sample has too much movement in it.
any tips?

p.s. using reason and audacity here so no massive for me or any other vsts.

Try some granular up in that bitch. Makes pretty nice still sounds when tweaked properly. Or maybe try making the sample longer and then cutting the sound and loop. If that doesn't help, there are some vocoders that have freeze option. Good luck my boy!

cheers dude.
cant use granular synth - as the only device in reason that has that only comes with its own sounds - you cant put in a sample - called Maelstrom granualr syth.

will have a go at lengthening the sample - i shoulda thought of that.

:D

cheers dude.
cant use granular synth - as the only device in reason that has that only comes with its own sounds - you cant put in a sample - called Maelstrom granualr syth.

will have a go at lengthening the sample - i shoulda thought of that.

:D

stick it in a nn19.......in the filter section....0 attack, fully open the gate, full sustain.....add some reverb, and some chorus, also a delay unit to suit.....i do that when i got gaps inbetween sounds and in a sense want to make them sort of become one sound. hope that helps.

also try playing the sound at differnet pitches or keys

What kind of "granular" is that if you can't put own sample in?! Retarded that's what.

its comes with about 60 inbuilt sounds that you can use. - in granular way (shifting points along the sample - or whatever its called in graintable syntesis)
but yeah - would better with yer own

also cheers dubsta m8

Back
Top Bottom