Resampling tutorials ?

there probably are but it doesnt make sense. resampling means you record the sound through some stuff (hardware or software), that way altering the sound and creating a new sample. resampling is different depending on what you have and what you want to do, so if i want to distort a flute its one way, and if i want to get a kick to hit harder its another.

its ez, but depends on what you want to do with it.

All you need to do is create a bass sound (not a bass line) play a C3 note on your sequencer for the length of a bar.

Bounce this one track for one bar down to a wav/aiff file.

open up your software sampler and load your saved wav as the sample, and then do this 2 or 3 times so you have the same sample on 3 tracks.

then do what u like to each one ie, lfo, filter, eq, modulation, distortion etc

this is how i do it anyways, i didnt even know this was called resampling until someone posted it on here a lil while ago and i was already doing it lol.

---
jus noticed ur username, is this the same chew lay whos got releases on nothing long, code 46, j11, dreadnought etc????

Last edited:
Thats me bud :D

Cheers im going to try it out ill let you know how i get on :D

---------- Post added at 15:52 ---------- Previous post was at 15:51 ----------

Yea tbh, if it is the same chew lay then ive probs just explained summin hes probs already aware of lol

I am aware of it but not ever done it, want to try something fresh :D

I do basically the same things they have mentioned but when Resample I like to do a lot of frequency splitting, I find it lets me get a much grittier bass while still being able to maintain and control it from getting so un-harmonic that it sounds shit ya know...

Alchemy is cool for resampling, I spend some time usually making a patch in massive, then I bus the bass as a whole before splitting with various effects, especially the auto filter! Then I bounce down the bass and put it in alchemy, mess around with granular etc. I will then bounce to exs24, (Low/mid/High) and do processing there and sometimes I will chuck it in back in alchemy and process it more, rinse and repeat.

Alchemy is cool for resampling, I spend some time usually making a patch in massive, then I bus the bass as a whole before splitting with various effects, especially the auto filter! Then I bounce down the bass and put it in alchemy, mess around with granular etc. I will then bounce to exs24, (Low/mid/High) and do processing there and sometimes I will chuck it in back in alchemy and process it more, rinse and repeat.

Yeah I've been meaning to grab alchemy for that same reason but I'm broke at the moment >.<

Back
Top Bottom