Resampling in FL Studio 9 - There must be an easier way

HyperonDnb

The way i resample when i need to atm is to export as wav, normalise sound in edison then open back up in a new channel, is there an easier way than this because its a long process and is messy too, all suggestions welcome.

Thanks

Ajay

Uhmm no, resampling is actually nothing more than exporting to wav and bringing it back in. I don't know why would you normalize it?

In ableton you can record audio from single tracks or groups onto a new track. I'm sure FL studio has a function like this?

At the start of the project you should set a data folder from Project General Settings. This way everything you record is saved there by default.

Select the channel from the mixer that you wish to record, click the little floppy disk icon in the bottom of the channel and select a name for your sample. Then press rec and play the part you wish to resample. If it asks what you want to record, just select the option, I have "everything" and "don't ask again". It will import the sample as it was heard, to that same place. Mind you this will double the volume because the original will be there as well.

@kama cheers buddy, learn something new everyday.

@artfx normalising the sound i usually do with anything other than drums, this will raise it to max level without clipping, sampling alone will result in loss of volume slightly. the way i do is just messy and confusing as with some projects i need to resample a lot, however ive learnt something else called smart disable, an option on fl studio where it will turn off the plugins when not using it, so only uses processing power when its selected channel is playing. this can cause some instability with certain plugins though so I try to use it as a last resort.

At the start of the project you should set a data folder from Project General Settings. This way everything you record is saved there by default.

Select the channel from the mixer that you wish to record, click the little floppy disk icon in the bottom of the channel and select a name for your sample. Then press rec and play the part you wish to resample. If it asks what you want to record, just select the option, I have "everything" and "don't ask again". It will import the sample as it was heard, to that same place. Mind you this will double the volume because the original will be there as well.

oh ffs. didnt know that, this will be hugely helpful for the slices that get lost in space. we used to remedy this by saving as zipped loop package but it takes so freaking long to do it that way.

Back
Top Bottom