Requesting tunes on a night out

Demshy

Just wanted to know what everyone's view on this is. Saw people requesting true romance to dBridge last saturday and he went mental and took the phones off the guys (he returned them back after obviously), but I can imagine loads of DJ's get fed up when mashed people just request the big tunes at every night they play. Do any of you guys request tunes and they then get dropped, surely the DJ's have planned mixes and know what's gonna go off anyway...

i saw bassline smith at a local night and it qas quite dead... he rolled in to dubstep half way thru the set so my mate handed youngman my phone requesting cold turkey and where's my money and he played um haha.

That was an exception tho cos it was almost dead. too busy skanking to request shit at a proper rave.

Someone asked me for Machete last week. Was funny until I realised he was serious.

Didnt think people do this kind of shit anymore, pointless if you ask me, there DJ's not fucking jukeboxes. Let em play what they want, you might learn something.

I don't think people should ask - you go to see a DJ cos you wanna see what they are gonna play. If you're gonna request tunes you might as well sit in your living room playing a bunch of your favourite tracks. Go with the flow people!! :)

i asked delta heavy if they could play hamilton - echoes a while back. can't believe no ones played it on the last few ram nights getting desperate to hear it out :(

Someone asked me for Machete last week. Was funny until I realised he was serious.

Didnt think people do this kind of shit anymore, pointless if you ask me, there DJ's not fucking jukeboxes. Let em play what they want, you might learn something.

machete_02.jpg

Andy C was playing in a very small club (Charmers) in Romford one Saturday years & years ago.The DJ box was the same level as the dance floor so you could just rock up and chat as it was dead except for about 8 people, i asked if he could play 'Valley Of The Shadows (Long Dark Tunnel)'...and he didn't even bloody have it with him, he couldn't believe he didn't bring it either.He did ask if there was anything else i said a few and what he had he played and what amount of people were there had a blinder.

Never requested anything at a big doo though.

I understand Dj's not wanting to take requests after all there not a jukebox ... the only time ive requested and it wasnt even a request was asking friction at fabric a few years back if he was planning to drop chubrub and asking sp:mc if rockwell was going to drop foodfight friendly unit shifter... as he was standing next to rockwell in the booth and funnily enough it was the next mix...

i asked delta heavy if they could play hamilton - echoes a while back. can't believe no ones played it on the last few ram nights getting desperate to hear it out :(

Ray played Echoes in Kent a couple of weeks back and it sounded out of hand on the Funktion One!

I understand Dj's not wanting to take requests after all there not a jukebox ... the only time ive requested and it wasnt even a request was asking friction at fabric a few years back if he was planning to drop chubrub and asking sp:mc if rockwell was going to drop foodfight friendly unit shifter... as he was standing next to rockwell in the booth and funnily enough it was the next mix...

O____0

I am guilty for doing this.

Kenny Ken was playing in room 2 at a Shogun night @ Cable last year. Classic jungle set like he does best. I never normally would but I hadn't got onnit for a while so I was feeling extra fucked and happy. Suddenly out of nowhere I just really wanted to hear 'Trouble' by Scorpio. So I just wrote "Scorpio - Trouble?" on my fone and showed it to him when he didn't look too busy. He nodded in appreciation, we all know it's a riddim, and then just said he didn't have it.

Would of been sweet if he'd of played it, but I did cringe the next day.

I somehow touched the platter in a famous hardtrance club in the nineties, the dj looked at me..I just went away.

Same club, gabber night, I mc´ed..but well the thing I yelled at wasn´t a mic.

On another occasion some guy handed the mic over to me, he obviously thought I was an MC which I wasn´t. Everybody went into the main dnb room and I mced on the oldskoolfloor..pure LOL..was like bought in all of a sudden..hours later a guy started some whining on me an another but booked guy, so I left and enjoyed the rest of the night.

Thats all.

Back
Top Bottom