Requesting a crash course in Garage.

dizzledee

soul muscle
VIP Junglist
Yo dudes. Never actually delved into the depths of the 'UK Underground' sub, but liking what I see :D

I've been bang into my garage recently after hanging around with the housey/garage crowd at uni and after the influence of mr EZ, a man who I respect more and more every day, seriously, that guy can mix!

I've been listening to his Fabriclive CD which is fucking fantastic and I encourage everyone who hasn't listened to it to do so immediately, this has given me a few ideas in terms of artists and tunes, but I want more, a lot more.

Any one in the know out there prepared to throw me a few lines? Below are a few I've been buzzing off. I'm aware some of these may be classed as house, but as far I can see the two genres have formed a sexy love-child.

Last edited by a moderator:

and some of the newer stuff...

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

well worth checking out Anthill mob for that stripped back 90s garage/garage house style. i wasnt a huge fan of it when it got all craig david/daniel beddingfieldy

Anything on Confetti, Ghost, Djs 4 life. Look for producers like El B, Tuff Jam, Steve Gurley, Zed Bias, MJ Cole, Todd Edwards, Sunship, DND to name a few.
Not really a lover of the new stuff but there's loads of class old skool stuff. I was well into it back in the day. I've got tons of it on Vinyl

there is fuck all in the way of garage digitally. you might be able to find some unmixed cds on discogs but most of them are mixed. i gave up searching and ripped the vinyls myself. not as good quality and u get some pops and crackles but hey, i dont mind that.

Back
Top Bottom