request: Good Acid Pulgin for Fl

BorisSoad

Heya,

I wanted to make some dnb/techno like song with a lot of acid sounds in it. I was looking around on the web, but couldn't find a good aicd plugin for fruity loops. Does anyone have any tips for me? I would prefer the free plugins, but I don't really mind paying too. Oh, and I know fl isn't the best software for dnb, but I'll just give it a try ;).

Boris,
:andy:

Heya,

I wanted to make some dnb/techno like song with a lot of acid sounds in it. I was looking around on the web, but couldn't find a good aicd plugin for fruity loops. Does anyone have any tips for me? I would prefer the free plugins, but I don't really mind paying too. Oh, and I know fl isn't the best software for dnb, but I'll just give it a try ;).

Boris,
:andy:

fl aint the best software for dnb... where did you get that idea???? :confused:

err, dunno what you mean by acid mate..... but id guess your after a 303 emu

loads of free ones on the net, just google roland tb303 vst or something

i could be wrong, because i've never used it but isn't that what the toxic biohazard plugin does that comes with fl.

also work on a nice synth then use the fruity love filter to fuck around with it

thanks everyone. I thought fl sucked for dnb, but perhaps it's just that I don't know how to make dnb in fl. But thanks!

If you don't know how to create tracks of certain style in 1 program, it wont be any easier to create it in any other program. I'd say the biggest difference between FL and heavier DAW's is in recording physical inputs and the quality of any built-in effects. Fruity's plugins and generators are alright but their only true power lies in their full modulation capabilites within FL. It's clearly designed to be used in creating music from scratch instead of cubase and the like, whose primary purpose is to record and mix 'real' music.

If you don't know how to create tracks of certain style in 1 program, it wont be any easier to create it in any other program. I'd say the biggest difference between FL and heavier DAW's is in recording physical inputs and the quality of any built-in effects. Fruity's plugins and generators are alright but their only true power lies in their full modulation capabilites within FL. It's clearly designed to be used in creating music from scratch instead of cubase and the like, whose primary purpose is to record and mix 'real' music.

im glad there are some people that know there shit lol

im glad there are some people that know there shit lol

I'm not sure what you mean by that but having no sense of humour and being as relaxed as a crowbar, I must say that Fruity is clearly a faster way to create a sound. All you have to do is drag a sound in and it's already mapped across the keyboard, you have filters, arpeggio, pitch bend, vol+filt+pan envelopes 2 clicks away. It's just that those filters are so distinctively thin, just like the all fruity internal generators are distinctively plastic on their own. Combining fruity with a good VST collection and maybe even doing the mixing in another host would be combining the best of both worlds. For me at least. Not cubase tho, Reaper is 10 times cheaper, suited better for my budget.:wave:

edit: and well, I didn't really say cubase is strictly for recording or mixing. Mistabishi seems to use cubase 4 for his tracks so there you go.

I'm not sure what you mean by that but having no sense of humour and being as relaxed as a crowbar, I must say that Fruity is clearly a faster way to create a sound. All you have to do is drag a sound in and it's already mapped across the keyboard, you have filters, arpeggio, pitch bend, vol+filt+pan envelopes 2 clicks away. It's just that those filters are so distinctively thin, just like the all fruity internal generators are distinctively plastic on their own. Combining fruity with a good VST collection and maybe even doing the mixing in another host would be combining the best of both worlds. For me at least. Not cubase tho, Reaper is 10 times cheaper, suited better for my budget.:wave:

edit: and well, I didn't really say cubase is strictly for recording or mixing. Mistabishi seems to use cubase 4 for his tracks so there you go.

it means what it says lol u said things in your last post wich where true and helpfull i just praised u thats all nothing else to it lol

Back
Top Bottom