Spectrasoul - Mimic [Subtitles]
Gerra & Stone - Droneheads [Alignment]
>>> Noisia - Facade [Ram]
Ulterior Motive - 2098 [Subtitles]
Spectrasoul - The Tube [Shogun Audio]
Mortem - Revolta [Demand]
Noisia & Phace - Floating Zero [Invisible]
Source Direct - Mind Weaver [Virgin]

Will give this a whirl Nelson. Tracklist looks quality from the outset. Working on something with at least one of the tunes in the tracklist for a mix coming in the next few months ;)

Bit if an abrupt pop at the start of the mix. Try putting the needle down for the loops before the intro to play & press record on your program, that way there is no pop at the beginning of a recording.

Loved hearing the steel drum of All Aboard again for the intro, then with the nasty bass grinds of Horribly Ribbed, it really chopped up the stereotypical Dillinja drum riffs well with some filthy squelching. Concussion rolls in well & builds for the double with Horribly Ribbed, slightly overpowering the tune before, but you can hear it pushing through slightly underneath. The vocal in Horribly Ribbed working well in the mix + the mix before. Liked the way you chopped up ends of bars in Concussion & Horribly Ribbed. Very energetic mix, not something I normally would like, but have to say my fav mix so far, bar the slight volume issue. Skid Row takes over proceedings with some more energetic flows. Nice hearing that again in a mix. Mind Overload builds for the breakdown in the previous tune, pretty hectic blend when that comes in with Choke. A fair bit going on right there. Choke stomping on its own is quite a beast. Don't think I have heard that before, wicked tune, just not feeling the vocal in there. Fair play for putting Food Chain in the ride (had it in a mix last year :) ). Little tweak, but rolled well with Choke. Wicked energy in Food Chain. Didn't anticipate Four Days to be in before the breakdown in Food Chain, but took me unawares. Another couple of little tweaks in there again. Climate rmx eases in for a quality mix with Food Chain, trumping my last fav mix in the ride so far :) Possibly the first members mix I have heard it in. Strange Science builds where it is for an exceptional double with Climate rmx, both bits of neurofunk vibeing off each other a treat. Choice selection right there! Plinky intro of Drop It rmx eases in with the vocal to announce its arrival. Nice mix, even though Drop It rmx seems to be caned by handfuls of peeps in this section. Nice for including Decoy, that epic bit in the intro sitting well with Drop It rmx's build up to second drop. Pretty much like Decoy equally as much as Biosfear in my mind. Gene Labs comes in very well & wasn't expecting another blend before the breakdown in Decoy.

Already thinking the mix with Murmur will be quality, the padded intro builds well for the rolling notes & filthy bass of Murmur to take hold, the drum structures of both twisting each other up a notch. Mimic's vocals & ticked beats merge Murmur for the drop, rolling along well. Haunting drawn out notes of Droneheads pave the way for the drainpipe bass to work its magic. Fair play for including Droneheads as I think Gerra & Stone's production is on the up + they are residents at the local dnb night in Southampton, so have alot of time for their music. Hadn't finished writing the last sentence, then Facade is in. Nice to hear the original again + a friend of mine prefers it over the vip, so a pleasant reminded of what that sounds like. Stomping vibes of 2098 start to walk their way into the mix off the back of Droneheads. The Tubes underground flavours roll up for the second part of 2098 for both tunes to sit well with one another. Love hearing The Tube in mixes + must start playing it again more myself. Revolta rolls in for the double with The Tube, sitting a peach in the mix. Floating Zero builds on the tail end of the breakdown in Revolta, with its instantly recognisable hooks vibeing into the filthy rolls of Revolta. Not aware of Mind Weaver before it drops, but am aware of Source Direct & they have made some wicked tunes from way back. Liked the way Mind Weaver came in, mildly shooting its way into Floating Zero's second half, sat well in the mix even though both tunes are probably near on a decade between release dates without checking. Wicked end to the mix & introduced me to a new Source Direct tune, prob my favourite of theirs from the tunes I have heard, without using to much breakbeaty drums

Fav selections / mixes had to be Food Chain - Climate rmx - Strange Science - Drop It rmx - Decoy - Gene Labs, Horribly Ribbed - Concussion, Decoy - Murmur. A nice mix all in all. Few little tweaks in there, but all can be forgiven on your first all vinyl mix. Plus nice to see more & more heads repping the vinyl media in this section still.

In the next couple of weeks my next mix/es will be on here. Would appreciate if you could give a listen to 1 one of them when they drop. Plus they won't be left-field / experimental dnb ;)

Anyone mixing on vinyl gets maximum respect from me, I know how difficult it can be at times, but I wouldn't change it for the world! Anyways...

Opening mix was good, pretty mad opening mix tbh. Love it when a mix just grabs you by the balls. Got me hooked from the off.
Concussion slightly overpowered Horribly Ribbed. Really good mix though.

Then this section really got me going...

Fierce & Break - Food Chain [Quarantine]
>>> Bad Company - Four Days [BC Recordings]
Matrix & Fierce - Climate (Cause 4 Concern Remix) [Metro]
Phace - Strange Science [Shogun Audio]
BTK - Drop It (Optiv Remix) [Dutty Audio]
Stakka & Skynet - Decoy [Underfire]
>>> Mindscape - Gene Labs [Commercial Suicide]

As Watcha said I couldnt believe how quickly 4 days was in for the mix. Next mix with Climate C4C remix worked a treat and kept the energy levels up. Double with Strange Science is really fucking quality top work. Mix into Drop it remix was good. Haven't heard Decoy in ages...then Gene Labs split mix was really quick again...surprising how quickly you got these little splits locked and in. Very good. (y)

Digged this Nelsonr! Couple of little hiccups here and there nothing too drastic, a very good first all vinyl mix.

Will be keeping an eye out for anymore installments from yourself.

Big up.

Will give this a whirl Nelson. Tracklist looks quality from the outset. Working on something with at least one of the tunes in the tracklist for a mix coming in the next few months ;)

Wow! Thanks for the in-depth feedback! I agree with pretty much everything you have said in relation to the comments, especially the section you said was your favourite. The Drop It Rmx --> Decoy is probably my favourite mix too! Love rinsing all those classics everytime I mix, especially Climate Rmx, heard it out for the first time a few weeks ago and it went off! Found out about Source Direct a few years ago and had a listen to their stuff, Mind Weaver was the stand out tune for me but another of theirs is probably one of my favourite dnb tunes - Source Direct - Secret Liasion. Check it out if you have a bit of time, still holds up with age, and is an absolute beauty of a tune!

Bar a few little tweaks i was pretty pleased at how this one turned out. I have been mixing vinyl for a while, just never put a mix out on wax, so im glad this had been received well :) The last mix I put out was over 15 months ago so im going to try and make it a more regular thing now. Just need to try and get pitch-chasing on lock and make sure the levels are fine on my next mix.

But again thanks for the feedback, will be checking your mixes when they come up... looking forward to what's in store!

Anyone mixing on vinyl gets maximum respect from me, I know how difficult it can be at times, but I wouldn't change it for the world! Anyways...

Big up for having a listen! I do love mixing on vinyl, means you can be focussed on the whole mix itself without having a screen or lcd display to look/distract you. That being said I do also use traktor with my housemate... makes it easier for us to mix b2b, plus a lot of tunes are becoming digital only!

Nice to see both you and The Watcha like the middle section! Had a lot of fun finding those mixes :) I thinking about doing another vinyl mix soon. Just seen your Fabrication mix now so will be giving that a spin today, tracklist looks gully, and all vinyl too!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom