Renegade Snares - Original VS High Contrast

I think you'll find, the Original as you put it, is in fact The Foul Play Remix.......an no other version touches that in my opinion.

I think you'll find, the Original as you put it, is in fact The Foul Play Remix.......an no other version touches that in my opinion.

Smug alert!!!! but very true mr G. ;)

Foul Play Remix over the HC RMX for me, but if we were talking...
F.S.O.L. Papua New Guinea - Original vs High Contrast Remix, its the Lincoln Barret remix everytime!

The Foul Play Remix was such a iconic tune that no remix could overshadow it. Good effort on the 2009 Relick but it's all about the Foul Play mix for me! :)

Nothing can touch the Foul Play mix. Absoloutley EPIC tune. It was coz of that tune that I got into jungle n drum n bass. Its withstood the test of time, still gets the crowd goin no matter what...

The High Contrast mix is really good, but I don't think anything will beat the Foul Play remix....

Has a lot of nostalgia attached to it.

yeah all abut the foul play remix! its what made the mid 90's so special! dont get me wrong the HC rmx is sweet! and i love the bladerunner mix bringing it up to date!

Foul Play remix each and every time. Also, was going to do a thread about it but may as well jump in on this one since it's related.

How, I mean how, does anyone manage to mix it into modern DnB? I can't do it, even pitched up to the max, it's still too slow :(

tbh i love both, i mean... the original will probably be most peoples favourite as u can see in this thread, mostly because of reminicient value. but as i see it, the HC remix just brings a new freshness to it, like its been released back into the wild as a different beast with the same heart and HC has done a great job in preserving that.

ye, i like both equaly for different reasons.

How, I mean how, does anyone manage to mix it into modern DnB? I can't do it, even pitched up to the max, it's still too slow

i often wander the same thing... maybe Andy runs it through logic etc.. jacks the tempo up a bit without changing the pitch then cuts a dub? I dunno... anyone got any ideas?

God knows :lol: have to ask him! I suppose it's about trying the mix with different tunes, I find it tricky mixing truly one as you have to whack the pitch almost full.

ive recorded my Foul Play version, speeded it but the kept the pitch the same.

Andy would have done either this, or got Moving Shadow to do it for him.

probably the latter.

Back
Top Bottom