Renegade Hardware - The Paranoia LP Mix CD

Discussion in 'Drum & Bass' started by Triple M, Sep 29, 2003.

1. Triple M

Triple M Admin

Renegade Hardware Present - The Paranoia LP Mix CD
    - Mixed by Raiden

[​IMG]

Fresh from the Renegade Hardware camp comes the latest hard hitting mix: The Paranoia LP Mix CD - Mixed by the comparatively new comer on the block - Raiden!
    The tracks featured on this cd continue where the very successful 'Element Series' left off from.
    First track that kicks off the cd is 'The Invisible Man' by Keaton straight from 'The Invisible Man EP' which makes a nice intro for the rest of this heavy mix up!
    Following that comes Raiden's very own '6ft Ditch' - a heavy breed of chopped breaks and dirty basslines!
    Tracks following that are Loxy & Dylan's - 'Fraggle Rock' and Raiden’s - 'Reactor'. 'Trail of Sevens' from Australian boys Pendulum is up next, swiftly mixed after is the ever famous 'Raining Blood' aka 'Slayer' by Concord Dawn. Rock guitars a plenty on this one!!
    Raiden quickly in the mix again dropping 'Influence' by Keaton, one of my favourite tunes on the CD, rollin beats and dark sub-bass in effect here!
    Before you know it 'The Force' from Loxy & Dylan is heavy in the mix ''Let the bass go!!!''. Backed up by 'Ghost Ship' - Ink.... sick tune!
    In comes another track by the man himself Raiden, this time 'Infection' blends in nicely with its atmospherical vocal samples and fast techno style bass, another firm favourite of mine on this album!
    Keaton & Hive's dance floor smasher 'The Plague' is rolled up next, this one still firmly has its place in my record box! A must have tune!
    Usual Suspects join forces with Keaton this time round to bring you 'Once Again' which is dropped nicely in the mix!
    Shortly follows is one of 2003's biggest Drum & Bass tracks, 'Fallin' by the man again Raiden, this time round Friction and Nu-Balance are on the remix duties.
    The Militia are responsible for 'Paranoia' which is the next track and where the album gets its name. Personally I’m not a big fan of this tune, but it does still smash it up in the clubs! The distinctive female vocal of 'Resolution' by Keaton & Hive can be heard coming in over the top, this track can be found on the flip side of 'The Plague' on the 12'' single (RH45).
    DJ Trace brings his familiar sound to the remix of 'The Plague' which is our next track, which I’d say is on a level par to the original.. kills the dance floor!
    Second to last be the sounds of Keaton once again, 'Betrayal' is again taken from his EP 'The Invisible Man'. Trademark Keaton breaks and bass through-out!
    Finally to wrap things up is 'Final Conflict' by B Key, a heavy switch of reece bass, dark subs and forever changing breaks.. a perfect outro to a dark side ride of Drum & Bass from Raiden and Renegade Hardware!!

Rating: 8/10

Track list

01 ) The Invisible Man - Keaton
    02 ) 6ft Ditch - Raiden
    03 ) Fraggle Rock - Loxy & Dylan
    04 ) Reactor - Raiden
    05 ) Trail of Seven - Pendulum
    06 ) Raining Blood - Concord Dawn
    07 ) Influence - Keaton
    08 ) The Force - Loxy & Dylan
    09 ) Ghost Ship - Ink
    10 ) Infection - Raiden
    11 ) The Plague - Keaton & Hive
    12 ) Once Again - Keaton feat. Usual Suspects
    13 ) Fallin' - Raiden (Friction & Nu Balance Remix)
    14 ) Paranoia - The Militia
    15 ) Resolution - Keaton & Hive
    16 ) The Plague - Keaton & Hive (DJ Trace Remix)
    17 ) Betrayal - Keaton
    18 ) Final Conflict - B Key

18 Tracks
    Total length 1:02:54

2. Time Dependant

Time Dependant Jungle Hunter

Nice review mate should keep the CD masses happy :cool: I think my favourite tracks from the selection has to be Resolution - Keaton & Hive, this is heavy when it drops into that growling bass then the rolling drum kicks bring it to full throttle. The Plague always gets to the front of my box as well as Raidens 'Infection' nasty business. Does anyone know where the vocal came from for Infection??

3. M-Code

M-Code Hubbidy Hibbedy

Resident Evil.

Nice review tirps :)

4. freeagent

freeagent Almost 30

The man can mix!!!

Nice review, too!

5. nihil8

nihil8 New Member

does anyone know when this cd is out? i can't seem to find it in the shops anywhere but i thought it was out a couple of weeks ago with the vinyl?/

6. ZESTOI

ZESTOI time for heroes.

d d d d dappa cd. but why on my copy does it say paranoia EP? :-/

fallin remix and invisible man = top tunes! :boxing:

7. sdm

sdm This is Dog Fort

You got yours for free, quit complaining!

Plus it was a promo copy, not a final copy.

It's out this week BTW! For those that want to purchase :)

8. Triple M

Triple M Admin