Renegade Hardware Presents...THE HISTORY SESSIONS | SUN 30TH MAY 2010

DjTiesticles

VIP Junglist
Drum and bass has shifted and progressed at a breathtaking rate since it's inception. As a forward thinking music genre it can be easy to forget the amazing evolution we have witnessed within our scene. Sometimes it takes a look at the past to really appreciate the present. With this as a concept, on bank holiday Sunday 30th May we set aside a night for a one off special to bring together a selection of the most pioneering producers, DJ's and labels our genre has ever known.

Enter: The History Sessions...

Brought to you by the renowned Renegade Hardware team you can be assured this event will be one to be remembered for a very long time!

rh_history_sessions_700.jpg

HISTORY SESSIONS @ AREA | BANK HOLIDAY SUN 30th MAY 2010

ROOM 1 - THE HISTORY OF DRUM & BASS 1994 - 2000

FABIO (The Speed Era)

MARCUS INTALEX (The Soul:R Take Over)

STORM (Reinforced The Enforcers)

ED RUSH (The Virus Sound)

LOXY & INK (Renegade Hardware)

TRACE (No U Turn)

CALYX (The Moving Shadow)

BAD COMPANY (The BC Years)

DOC SCOTT (Metalheadz - Blue Note Set)

MC’s:

2SHY RHYME TYME A.D GQ FATS

ROOM 2 - HIP HOP / HOUSE / GARAGE CLASSICS

THOR

JAY SOUL

MISS EP

SHINOBI

DRU

ROOM 3 - BROKEN BEATS / ECLECTIC BEATS

DARKWAH

MAGIC

ADVANCE TICKETS £14 + B/F / MORE ON THE DOOR

AVAILABLE FROM:

The Ticket Sellers - 0844 870 0000

WWW.THETICKETSELLERS.CO.UK

Ticketweb - 08444 77 1000

WWW.TICKETWEB.CO.UK

That looks rather heavy and somewhat mouth watering. Hope these sets get recorded

It's like AWOL for Hardware fans ...

I do like the whole idea of these kind of nights but, who's going to play anything new?

Last edited:
It's like AWOL for Hardware fans ...

I do like the whole idea of these kind of nights but, who's going to play anything new?

LOL, wouldn't that contradict the idea of the night?!

The 1st AWOL I went to, Grooverider dropped Slippery Slope as his outro. I haven't seen him on an AWOL line-up since. Not that that saddens me, but everyone thought he was a complete idiot for dropping a (completely rinsed) dancefloor/jump-up tune at a jungle rave...

Personally after a while I just always find myself craving something fresh when I've been hearing older tunes all night

What would make more sense to me personally is having some people play old skool sets and some people play new skool sets, a kinda mix of new vs. old sorta thing

Maybe I'm just a sucker for the latest Spor dubplate ... but that's just me

What on earth are you 2 babbling about. Really want to go to this. If Metalheadz and Critical Fabric dont clear me out I'm going.

Looks big! Although I don't see why Maldini & Vegas are still Bad Company. They should just call themselves Maldini & Vegas.

What on earth are you 2 babbling about. Really want to go to this. If Metalheadz and Critical Fabric dont clear me out I'm going.

this is the night i was on about the other day maloney, didnt know it was actually a hardware night. line up is big stinkin and nasty.

The line-up & concept is fucking brilliant imo.

& simply because its Hardware, you know the DJ's will deliver & not play like some do @ AWOL, or be advertised to play one type of set & turn up & do another.

Its my old dears 60th on this day, so i'm gonna be struggling to reach, but I will do everything in my power to do so.

Trace is easily in my top 5 dj's of all time, Fabio Swerve set will be fucking awesome, Storm Reinforced will be off the chain & Scotty Bluenote!?.... Fuck about!

The line-up & concept is fucking brilliant imo.

& simply because its Hardware, you know the DJ's will deliver & not play like some do @ AWOL, or be advertised to play one type of set & turn up & do another.

Its my old dears 60th on this day, so i'm gonna be struggling to reach, but I will do everything in my power to do so.

Trace is easily in my top 5 dj's of all time, Fabio Swerve set will be fucking awesome, Storm Reinforced will be off the chain & Scotty Bluenote!?.... Fuck about!

Bring the fam...

Theres another one at Area called Way Back When, Renegade Hardware are the promoters, the weekend after this. Goes even further back in time.

Saturday 5th June

Room 1 Classic House/Acid/ Warehouse 88-90

Grooverider
Fabio
Trevor Fung
Jumping Jack Frost
Richie Fingers
Rob Acteson
Ray Keith
Huckleberry Finn

MC Chalkie White

Room 2 Old School Hardcore 90-92

Dr S Gachet
Squirrel
Nicky Blackmarket
DJ Phantasy
DJ Twista Tony
Damage Twiz

Frost & Gachet on the same line-up...

Shiiiiiiiiit.

Trevor Fung, ain't heard that name for TIME, I accidentally the whole nostalgia on my keyboard.

Back
Top Bottom