Renault 5 GT

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by Blurr, Jun 29, 2008.

1. Blurr

Blurr Wasted Selection

some1 i know is selling this, he's fool who spends money on pointless ventures for cars

doesnt look that bad untill u find out its jus standard clio in a suit

Attached Files:

2. shadowdemon1990

shadowdemon1990 Original Nuttah

:nono:
    Renault 5 Gt Turbos !!
    OMDZ they fucking fly there acceleration is unbelievable, fucking nippy lil cars piss all over all the other cars the same size easily !! just look shit and basically are lol but fuck me the power in them lil things !! not the standard gt the turbo 1 !!
    Mates old man works in a garage bought 1 for a fucking mars bar :S Tuned the engine up in his spare time and just fucked around with the engine etc and sold it for like 2 & a half grand !! and it was like what 15 or more years old

3. Blurr

Blurr Wasted Selection

i know mate, my dream car is the 1985 renault 5 gt rally car, i'd jus have it so i could hear that engine

this guys jus got a new renault turbo, daddy paid for it, its a...

...wait for it....

...twingo!

4. Indi

Indi Tha Original ThreadKilla!

My older brother had a Renault 5 GT Turbo years ago, it was an ex rally car and still had the sponsor graphics on the sides. It was fast as fuck.
    Anyways, when I first got my license I took his car without asking him and went bombing around dark country lanes, and ending up rolling the car in a field and writing it off. I got my license taken off me for 2 years and pay a fine, and then my brother kicked the shit out of me. I will never get in another Renault 5 GT.

5. spiderfran286

spiderfran286 "Yes, squid pro roe..."

propa ali g ride!
    Renault 5's are BADBWOY!
    never beat a NOVA GSI tho!

6. vala

vala New Member

i have had these since I was 18 (23 now)...bloody love em. originally had a tungy grey one however blind neighbour next door reversed full on into the side of it financially wrote it off. so then bought a raider which was mint. owned that since dec 2004 and after spending silly amounts of money tuning the engine and sorting the suspension components had to break it due to, at the time, no one wanting to buy it complete.
    now moved onto its younger brother the 172!
    still love them and maybe one day buy another as a weekend toy...

7. mISHKA

mISHKA Member

R5 GT's are fuckin awesome, they're the daddy of clio and one of the best handling FWD cars ever, ultimate go-kart seeing as they weigh only a bit more than a classic mini...shame most have been owned by chavs who just whack the boost up and blow the turbo's.

8. B1aDe

B1aDe Hear me now!

me and my mate have had 1 each and the handling on them is shite lol. clio 1.8 16v much better renault if you ask me mate

9. vala

vala New Member

agree with b1ade here.

compared to my 172 the handling on the 5 is not good at all. you need to do a fair bit to get it to handle well and even then it won't compare to something like a 205 gti or clio williams

10. mISHKA

mISHKA Member

Bollocks, I own a stripped clio 1.8 16v with williams suspension and can tell you my pal's stripped R5GT handles much better no matter who's driving, however it isn't as forgiving as the clio. I think the engine in the clio is a bit too heavy for the car whereas the R5 has a smaller blocked 1.4 and feels more balanced round corners. Neither are -quite- as nice as a 205 gti though (or mabye a 172 cup, but I've never driven one)

11. Swan'e Style

Swan'e Style Hollyoaks Bizness

its all about the jap cars..

mr2 turbo 270 bhp on 1 bar boost :finger2:

12. vala

vala New Member

im surprised with that...willy suspension on a stripped clio should be mint?? you got the willy subframe as well?
    also what does your mate have in the 5?

13. Dustek

Dustek Finished the PhD

So Indi, is your brother Ali G?

That makes you = :borat:

I had a 205 GTi for a weekend, it turned out to be a lil' naughty so I gave it back to the dealer.

Then I had a Honda CRX del Sol - still have it, then a Mini Cooper S (sold, fast as fuck and the best handling in the world) and I've added a VW Touareg (fucking heavy beast).

14. mISHKA

mISHKA Member

It is mint lol, but it's not the best. Yep willy subframe & widetrack. His 5 is on coilovers but that doesn't make -TOO- much difference out on the road. I just think mine begins to understeer a little bit too early in the corner. Both are awesome handlers and mine's upset a lot quicker cars in the twisties

Just when it comes to the straights 170bhp/ton isn't enough :mrpanic:

15. skamanfrank

skamanfrank New Member

Wouldn't mind a turbo R5 I must say!! Engine is a bit heavy and lardy but it has the torque and power to make up for it! Not driven one though so can't comment on the handling.

Although, I'm told that all the cool kids crooz old skool, and that an all ali engine mounted in the back is the way to roll ;)