Removing Hiss

DJ Kaotic

Step Off
I've recorded an old mix tape onto the PC but its a bit Hissy, does anyone know a good programme for getting rid of it?
I've tried T Racks and while it does remove some of the hiss its still not brilliant.

your help will be appreciated.

There are usually denoiser plugins bundled with most audio editing packages. There's one in Wavelab for sure, not sure about the others though.

DJ Kaotic said:
I've recorded an old mix tape onto the PC but its a bit Hissy, does anyone know a good programme for getting rid of it?
I've tried T Racks and while it does remove some of the hiss its still not brilliant.

your help will be appreciated.

Steinberg Clean

maybe, i haven't used it :piss:

Thanks for the advice people. I found a programme called depopper on download.com and although I was a bit sceptical about it at first but its done a brilliant job, then I chucked the mix in T Racks and polished it up a bit...it sounds brand new (apart from the tunes :) )

Hopefully I'll be posting a link to the mp3 of it once I get my hosting sorted.

Thanks again everyone, its appreciated

DJ Kaotic said:
Thanks for the advice people. I found a programme called depopper on download.com and although I was a bit sceptical about it at first but its done a brilliant job, then I chucked the mix in T Racks and polished it up a bit...it sounds brand new (apart from the tunes :) )

Hopefully I'll be posting a link to the mp3 of it once I get my hosting sorted.

Thanks again everyone, its appreciated

i was going to suggest sonic foundry noise reduction or the waves x-noise plug-ins.. i've managed to remove all sorts of noise from samples with these :gpeace:

Back
Top Bottom