Removing Hiss

I've recorded an old mix tape onto the PC but its a bit Hissy, does anyone know a good programme for getting rid of it?
I've tried T Racks and while it does remove some of the hiss its still not brilliant.

your help will be appreciated.

M-Code

Hubbidy Hibbedy
There are usually denoiser plugins bundled with most audio editing packages. There's one in Wavelab for sure, not sure about the others though.

jay walker

1/2 of Passive/Aggressive
VIP Junglist
Magix Audio Cleaning Lab - especially for cleaning up poor audo, an it aint bad for recording mixes straight to your pc either! ;)

Cube

www.exegene.com
VIP Junglist
DJ Kaotic said:
I've recorded an old mix tape onto the PC but its a bit Hissy, does anyone know a good programme for getting rid of it?
I've tried T Racks and while it does remove some of the hiss its still not brilliant.

your help will be appreciated.

Steinberg Clean

maybe, i haven't used it :piss:

Thanks for the advice people. I found a programme called depopper on download.com and although I was a bit sceptical about it at first but its done a brilliant job, then I chucked the mix in T Racks and polished it up a bit...it sounds brand new (apart from the tunes :) )

Hopefully I'll be posting a link to the mp3 of it once I get my hosting sorted.

Thanks again everyone, its appreciated

theory1

DJ Kaotic said:
Thanks for the advice people. I found a programme called depopper on download.com and although I was a bit sceptical about it at first but its done a brilliant job, then I chucked the mix in T Racks and polished it up a bit...it sounds brand new (apart from the tunes :) )

Hopefully I'll be posting a link to the mp3 of it once I get my hosting sorted.

Thanks again everyone, its appreciated

i was going to suggest sonic foundry noise reduction or the waves x-noise plug-ins.. i've managed to remove all sorts of noise from samples with these :gpeace: