removing echo/reverb from an accapella

pitts

VIP Junglist
i have an accapella i want to use but it has an unwanted echo on it as thats what the original had but with what i wanting to use it for would sound a lot better if the vocals were clean, ive tried equing that didnt change anything and ive also tried chopping the sample down to the desired length but i think a delay might have been used because there is still some unwanted noise over the top.

anyone got any suggestions?

help is appreciated

Or some limiter that has threshold settings so you could isolate vocals from reverb that's lower in volume?

A Gate is a good start, remeber to leave enough decay for the words to sound natural. that said, i dont think it will work that well unless you are going to resaturate the vocals with other FX, Gated reverb has a distinct sound that is very obvious

Most reverb will be big wide stereo sound, so one way could be to use a M/S EQ (Mid/Side), usually you can select Mid (like Mono) or Side and work on each seperatly, so if you drop the Side part down to -inf db (or as far as it will go), but leave the Mid untouched, that should take lots of the verb out for you.

---------- Post added at 17:45 ---------- Previous post was at 17:38 ----------

btw: echo is not the same as reverb, and then there is delay, gates will work better for echo and delay, M/S EQ will help with reverb.

incase ur not sure of the diffrence, heres a vague description of their sound...

echo...like delay, repeating the sound with a decay in volume (usually)
delay...similar to echo but usually with more settings including stereo placement
reverb...more abstract/blurred sound with no obvious 'echos'

Last edited:
Ceder DNS 1000 can remove reverb but they are pretty expensive. Maybe try some user forums and see if someone would be kind enough to run your vocals through one? :)

Back
Top Bottom