Removing bass distortion on recorded mixes

DJNitrousUK

VIP Junglist
How can i do it?

I used audacity to record a few mixes but it has some bass distortion on it and i have no idea how to remove it...

Help..

Ok mate cheers

yeh unfortuantly if its on the original recording then there pretty much no way you can sort it...... you might how ever be able to reduce it a little.... but the problem with bass distortion is that it usually over runs into other frequencies aswell....

anyway

try getting your hands on "Steinburg Clean"

Very good program for cleaning up shit recording/tunes...... might help a little......

yeh unfortuantly if its on the original recording then there pretty much no way you can sort it...... you might how ever be able to reduce it a little.... but the problem with bass distortion is that it usually over runs into other frequencies aswell....

anyway

try getting your hands on "Steinburg Clean"

Very good program for cleaning up shit recording/tunes...... might help a little......

Cheers mate, it's been removed a little bit, me & Wobalz spent quite a lot of last night trying to remove it, but not really working...

How can i do it?

I used audacity to record a few mixes but it has some bass distortion on it and i have no idea how to remove it...

Help..

Sounds like your levels were too high and clipping in the red dude.

There's not alot you can do to get it sounding balanced without re-recording and setting your record levels so they don't clip into the red.

Annoying i know mate.

Sounds like your levels were too high and clipping in the red dude.

There's not alot you can do to get it sounding balanced without re-recording and setting your record levels so they don't clip into the red.

Annoying i know mate.

Yes init just mate, thing is it shouldn't of though... It was the same levels as the mix I did the day before (1st recorded mix - in the mixes section) and that was perfect levels, so why did it decide to go all crap on me...???

Ez mate, cheers

Yes init just mate, thing is it shouldn't of though... It was the same levels as the mix I did the day before (1st recorded mix - in the mixes section) and that was perfect levels, so why did it decide to go all crap on me...???

Ez mate, cheers

Gremlins mate.... Gremlins.....

gremlins.png

Dial the levels on the mixer down and pump them up on the speaker amplifiers while you mix. Its easier to add something (say bass) than to take it away. Actually, its almost impossible to take it away but very easy to add.

I suggest taking a look at your recording in Audacity or Cool Edit Pro - if the outer bands are flat lines, then you're recording too loud - and getting clipped.

Dial the levels on the mixer down and pump them up on the speaker amplifiers while you mix. Its easier to add something (say bass) than to take it away. Actually, its almost impossible to take it away but very easy to add.

I suggest taking a look at your recording in Audacity or Cool Edit Pro - if the outer bands are flat lines, then you're recording too loud - and getting clipped.

Ok mate, cheers for the advice, appreciate it.

you can get rid of clipping by using audacity, you zoom right in on the bit where it clips or distorts and there will be a spike where it goes from the top to bottom extreme within about 1/10000 of a second - thats your distortion, use the pencil tool to flatten it out and it will go! Used it to sort out dodgy recordings before. Hope this works for you mate.

Back
Top Bottom