Remixing with different DAW's

Discussion in 'Production' started by Centrepoint, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Centrepoint

Centrepoint Member

Hi, I wonder if anyone could help?

Another producer has asked if he could remix one of my tunes, the problem is i am a new producer and haven't got a clue about how to go about it.

I use Logic as my main DAW where i write the body of the piece using softsynths and samples rewired with Reason for which i usually use to loop some breaks, percussion, etc.

The other guy uses FL studio and has suggested i convert my tune into stems?

I am aware stems are usually the fundamental parts of a tune, drums, bassline,etc..and my only knowledge is that i know DJ's use them for mixing, although i have never done this myself yet.

Is there a reasonably easy way i can do this?

Also, how am i going to be able to send the arrangement, with midi info, FX, etc?

Any help appreciated.

2. mugatu

mugatu Verva Music

File, export, all tracks of audio files. Thats for logic 9 i think its the same for 10. Or just bounce each channel manually, thats what i do as sometimes all tracks of audio files gets odd levels with some of the tracks, make sure you tick off normalise and if you wanna save space just use 16 bit not 24 bit, then compress the folder and send

3. EvezDroppin

EvezDroppin .

as mentioned above, export each channel seperately or all at once.

You will have to turn off the Fx plugins on each channel if he wants dry samples (Best to ask him how he wants the samples).

You can export midi files quite easily in most DAWs, not sure how you do it in Logic exactly but it should be simple enough!

4. Centrepoint

Centrepoint Member

Cheers, so far i had only bounced the whole project, will try and work out how i record them all separately, thanks for the normalise tip.

5. Centrepoint

Centrepoint Member

Thanks for the tip, very handy, cheers.

6. mugatu

mugatu Verva Music

You can solo out each channel or solo out only all the audio or midi in the channel and right click and chose bounce in place, make sure your loop is at the very start or the same for all tracks!

7. johneysvk

johneysvk hello

I'd advise strongly against this in case of stems

8. mugatu

mugatu Verva Music

theres no difference you will not hear some massive increase in dynamics range or quality from bouncing in 24 bit over 16 bit