Remix tempo stuff

JimpaDirt

Vettvilling
VIP Junglist
So I've been asked to do a remix for a local band and this is my first remix ever so I'm looking for some advices on the tempo...

The original track is in 125 bpm and they wanted me to make a drum & bass remix out of it but the problem is that I've got to speed all the samples up to 172. So I suppose my question is... how will that work out?

I guess I could change the tempo of the vocals and etc down to 86 witch would be half the tempo of my remix track. It's closer to the original tempo but still 39 bpm's away. How would you sort out this dilemma? :)

Obviously speeding up the vocals would sound shit.

I'm interested in seeing some answers for this too, I can never get vocals to click :]

Id say try both, and see which works best, as some vocals sound a lot worse being slowed down than being sped up.. Keep the original pitch though otherwise it'll sound like chipmunks sped up

does it have to have the full vocal througout?
why not experiment with the vox so for example you could cut words/phrases out and use them as emphisis before the drop?

If you are using Logic the "polyphonic" time flex mode adjusts the speed of stuff fairly well while not making it sound terribly different.

If you are using Logic the "polyphonic" time flex mode adjusts the speed of stuff fairly well while not making it sound terribly different.

This.

Also, it helps to cut the vocals up first and then time stretching them as opposed to time stretching the entire vocal track as a whole. Better yet, use Logic's "flex time" for best results.

Yea! thanks for your replies, and luckily I'm a logic user :) I found that time flex thingy a couple days ago and it worked really well! But yeah, chopping up the vocals would be a really good alternative but I kind of had an idea in my head for this track and I wanted a full verse of the track :D

Back
Top Bottom