Remix Seba's Painted Sky

Quite hard to work out what to do to a song that's already so good tho...

still...good samples is good :)

Last edited:
Seba is a Don, his tune Heaven sent with Robert Manos from 2006 was wicked, I was driving around blaring it for about 3 months, I haven't heard this tune yet, maybe a good thing not to have heard the original if you were going to do a remix, you would have no influence on how you would try and make the tune, from the samples, sounds a bit dull, apart from the amen break, bassline sounds a bit weak, they must be completely unprocessed sounds, it's a damn shame the're giving away ableton suite 8 , I've already got that, can someone phone them and ask them to change the prize to cubase 6? (y) haha

Ok, well Ima jump on this. Know I wont get anywhere near the top ten but hey, gotta try huh?

Never heard this track before, it's really good, nice and chill. But I gotta be honest, If I had heard it on here from one of us guys, I'd be saying that drums dont vary enough, and the bass is drowning them out quite a bit lol!

Yeh well tbh to me it's one of the best tunes of last year but I didn't even buy it, heard it enough times on bassdrive. Works well in a mix, but I guess you're right, on it's own a little boring. fade-ins and outs?

Oh for sure, it's definately a good track, I'm not debating that. I think that I've spent so much time around these parts now that every track i hear, wether it be a proffesional big time production, or just one of us, all I can see is the comments we all give and recieve here, everyone is so caught up about "Change the drums every 16 bars" "Get them to punch through the mix more" "EQ a little better" etc etc......

.....when in reality, this proves that that isnt always the case. Even big producers, and big labels still churn out some of the old techniques..

Seba is a Don, his tune Heaven sent with Robert Manos from 2006 was wicked, I was driving around blaring it for about 3 months, I haven't heard this tune yet, maybe a good thing not to have heard the original if you were going to do a remix, you would have no influence on how you would try and make the tune, from the samples, sounds a bit dull, apart from the amen break, bassline sounds a bit weak, they must be completely unprocessed sounds, it's a damn shame the're giving away ableton suite 8 , I've already got that, can someone phone them and ask them to change the prize to cubase 6? (y) haha

Cubase 6 on the list for the next one ;)

Oh for sure, it's definately a good track, I'm not debating that. I think that I've spent so much time around these parts now that every track i hear, wether it be a proffesional big time production, or just one of us, all I can see is the comments we all give and recieve here, everyone is so caught up about "Change the drums every 16 bars" "Get them to punch through the mix more" "EQ a little better" etc etc......

.....when in reality, this proves that that isnt always the case. Even big producers, and big labels still churn out some of the old techniques..

Very true.

i dunno, i'm finding it hard to get inspired for this one.

the vocal is ace, but i feel that the other elements are pretty weak as individual elements (although great as a whole track)

Last edited:
Quick question. I've just jumped on and started on this one, does anyone know what bpm these samples are at? Cos Ive had it on 175bpm, and once I wrote my own drums, it all sounded outta time? I've so far tried 175, 170, 172, 174, 168 bpm.....and it all sounds outta time...

Back
Top Bottom