Reminiscences of DnB

Rajstah Vibe

soundcloud.com/rajstah
VIP Junglist
What's been your first quality listen that made u falling in love with DNB?
Me I had many, rony size, goldie with "Saturn Returnz" and other early dark shit...
Bu this...
This grabbed my soul into what it's the soul of what I wanna achieve...
Total expression of darkness without being violent or rude, just class...
Almost 20 years ago... (15)

[video=youtube_share;I0KiAx6229A]http://youtu.be/I0KiAx6229A[/video]

What's your skeleton on the lobby?

I was 17 when this lp from grooverider came out. In Italy DnB was just starting to get into clubs. Me, I had a feeling that dnb was the perfect sound and beat for my personality.
Metalheadz, they just blowed my my mind on 90s.

The start of the Roni Size Reprazent Album New Forms. Those 2 tracks together just nailed me the first time I heard them, Railing into Brown Paper Bag.

Do you think that you can hold on, when the beat gets too strong and you feel that you need help to move along
Do you think that you can hang tough, when the rhythm gets ruff and the DJ says "I think you've had enough"
Do you think that you can digest, when i start to digress, better get yourself a lyric proof vest
Do you think that you can compete when you hear the fat beat, you need stamina like an athlete
Unique, continue the future technique to full heat, let the microphone burn when i speak
Alright, now were getting into this sound, pick it up, shake it up, turn it upside-down!

I had been listening to lots of other music for a long time, since 2004 I guess, no dance music at all, just guitar based music. Got a kick up the ass, when I saw Dubfx and MC Stamina doing Only Human on the rooftops of Vienna. I had been introduced to Dubfx by someone, and realised that I was gravitiating to the Drum and Bass tracks. That was about a year ago, and now got right back into it, after some kind fellow burglarized me and stole my Les Paul, I havent had much interest in guitar music, so I started to explore what new Drum and Bass was around. Pleasantly surprised to find it bigger and better than ever, so much good material out there!

I was 17 when this lp from grooverider came out. In Italy DnB was just starting to get into clubs. Me, I had a feeling that dnb was the perfect sound and beat for my personality.
Metalheadz, they just blowed my my mind on 90s.

Inner City life always gets me! Maybe that had piqued my interest before Roni Size hooked me in

The start of the Roni Size Reprazent Album New Forms. Those 2 tracks together just nailed me the first time I heard them, Railing into Brown Paper Bag.

Do you think that you can hold on, when the beat gets too strong and you feel that you need help to move along
Do you think that you can hang tough, when the rhythm gets ruff and the DJ says "I think you've had enough"
Do you think that you can digest, when i start to digress, better get yourself a lyric proof vest
Do you think that you can compete when you hear the fat beat, you need stamina like an athlete
Unique, continue the future technique to full heat, let the microphone burn when i speak
Alright, now were getting into this sound, pick it up, shake it up, turn it upside-down!

I had been listening to lots of other music for a long time, since 2004 I guess, no dance music at all, just guitar based music. Got a kick up the ass, when I saw Dubfx and MC Stamina doing Only Human on the rooftops of Vienna. I had been introduced to Dubfx by someone, and realised that I was gravitiating to the Drum and Bass tracks. That was about a year ago, and now got right back into it, after some kind fellow burglarized me and stole my Les Paul, I havent had much interest in guitar music, so I started to explore what new Drum and Bass was around. Pleasantly surprised to find it bigger and better than ever, so much good material out there!

Words bro, words!
Nothing come back, but it's been great to fall in love. And is great that this love still persist.
Proff that it was a true feeling!
No cheating or falseness!
Soul!

I had never herd of drum and bass before but I was trying to sleep with a girl when I was 18. She told me to meet her in a club in the city of Baltimore. This guy I never knew named DJ. Zinc played a music that sounded amazing. I have been in love with drum and bass ever since. First time I ever herd a reece I was in a big club. Mind blowing.

I think the 1st actual track that I heard that got me into this style of electronic music was DJ Hype's remix of Champion Sound

Although the early days of the Prodigy were also a huge influence, The Prodigy Experience album was, and still is, one of my all time favourite albums ever. Once I was hooked on jungle / drum and bass (I got into it mainly at the cross over point, as it was transforming from jungle to drum and bass ) I remember going to Helter Skelter at the Sanctuary in Milton Keynes and hearing a whole heap of tracks that amazed me, some of the standout ones tho were these, And I still love em to this day!

And another pure gold favourite that brings back so many memories

Hope theres enough here for some of you older lot to appreciate and hope it brings back some good memories.

Last edited by a moderator:
KEMAT CREW - THE BOX RE-OPENS

I just listened to it for the first time in years......thanks. That breakdoiwn kills me. I remember 95', doing lungs then walking around at night growling to myself with this repeating on my....................... walkman

Think that I serve his drinks every week to Liam Howlet, his wife, howlet kid and Gallager...
Much respect to Howlet!

I first listened to Drum & Bass in 2009, on my age of 11 when I was just a kid on the 6th grade. It was Calyx's track, "Just You". First found it while playing a racing game...
Then I dug deeper about Drum & Bass... Sunchase, Spor, Noisia, Dom & Roland, Culture Shock, and Aquasky (Their "Spectre" track). Dunno how did I get into Liquid instead of doing the style of DNB like the people I mentioned...

Hearing this round a friends house! before i used to only really listen to hip-hop this changed everything for me. then bought pendulum hold your colour an i just fell in love with the whole scene. Started borrowing as many old cd packs as i could and never looked back.

Back
Top Bottom