Remember - 11th September 2001

sdm

This is Dog Fort
VIP Junglist
wtc.jpg

This thread has been created to remember this tragic event two years ago on 11th September 2001. Our thoughts go out to those who died on that day, and their respective friends and family.

Please feel free to use this thread to grieve or show your respects to all involved in this horrific life changing event.

(Photo by Ken Tersten)

look out for something massive to happen in 2 months and two days..
i swear it will..
bali bombings (october 12) was one year, one month and one day from september 11.. im assuming they are going to do it again.. so i wouldnt be doing anything on the friday the 13th of November

Re: Re: Remember - 11th September 2001

My respects go to all those involved.

:lighter:

CoB said:
look out for something massive to happen in 2 months and two days..
i swear it will..
bali bombings (october 12) was one year, one month and one day from september 11.. im assuming they are going to do it again.. so i wouldnt be doing anything on the friday the 13th of November

Shit, Im flying back from the States on the 13th!!!

now that we paid respect to the dead, i hope you wont mind me a few words that i wouldnt think of typing yesterday.

The hit on the WTC was of course a tragedy, and the single most "effective" terrorist activity ever recorded. Every year on the 11/9 we have to murn and remember those lost in the previously tallest building in the world.
Tho, at excactly the same time so many other shit were goin on. the 2518 deathcount, is nothing compared to the people around the world who die for absolutely no good reason. ie territorial wars, lack of healthcare, famine or whatever. Whats the date we remember them?
But lets leave all that shit for a seck, thats not the point i want to raise. (all that stuff was there forever, and saddly they will stay put).
Did anyone noticed how fast was the reaction from the US goverment?
They charged straight into Afganistan. And ofcourse noone has the balls to say stop, to a dead mans brother when he's waving his gun looking for revenge. and by using that alobi (spelling?), they jus kept going, breakin into any place they might like, fuck it up the most (look Iraqs state at the mo...), and then decide whether to keep it for themselfs or pass it on to someone they happen to like (Kourdistan to Turkey). And furthermore, now they have fine examples as to what happens to terrorist countries, any country that pisses them of, all they have to do is give a few words on camera, about how they have inteligence that said country gives financial support to terrorist groups. And thats all a whole nation needs to get on his knees and starts suckie on uncle Sam.
All i wanna stress out here is that all this show, looks a bit too well conducted. the US gov had always this pollitics, if we ignore even the smallest conflict in the world, without deploying our own troops to clear the mess, we may start the 3rd big war. In my opinion this statement is just a mirror of an expandatory politics, something like great Britain couple centuries ago, <<we need more land, everywere>>.
And now they got a perfect excuse to "assist" every terrorist riden country. As i said, all jus seem a bit too well planed. I wont go as far as saying that they actually planed or funded the strike. That scenario would go beyond reason. But i wont beleive that they, with their hardcore intligence agency, had absolytely no clu of whats to happen? and in the case they knew bout it, the weighted the situation, and found that 1/1000000 of the countrys population and coupla tall buildings, is a reasonable price for years and years of beeing able to terrorise the rest of the world.

i know most wont touch the subject with a 20 feet stick, but id like to hear few views on the matter. And ending with a note:i aint anti-US, pro-terror, i think they both have reasons and good causes that they loose through violence.
I dont dissrespect anyone who got lost or lost a brother on the 11/9, like I dont dissrespect anyone who got lost or lost a brother in Iraq, Afganistan or wherever the 11/9 kept on burning

Last edited:
I was in NYC last week to visit Coney Island with some friends of mine (I had never been there when it was opened) and every time I'm in NYC now I feel completely creeped out and freaky. I don't expect that feeling to go away any time soon.

Ever see this really crap science fiction movie called Indipendance Day with Will Smith? You know that scene in the beginning where this UFO shot beams into the World Trade Center? That scared the crap out of me as I saw it in a theater w/ sub woofers and surround sound. I really hated that movie because the scene seemed so real, like I was really there. Basicly I feel this movie was in extremely poor taste and this was way before September 11th.

Many movies depict NYC getting buildings blown up and such and so when I saw footage of planes smacking into the buildings in real time on the TV I thought it was a staged infomercial or commercial for the next Die Hard movie. Even though the footage was well longer then a traditional commerical I still couldn't shake the notion that Bruce Willis was going to do an interview and talk about the new movie.

Anyway I tend to stay away from NYC unless if I'm going to hang out with some friends I haven't seen in a while. Coney Island last weekend was fun and would have been more awesome if I didn't feel "rushed to have fun" by a friend I was with who had made other plans after we already agreed to spend the day in Coney Island (grrrr). The best part of Coney Island was the fact that a family of German showmen flew over to NYC with their ride in tow to set up in Coney Island for the summer. The ride they brought was the Huss "Top Spin 2" which is an extremely rare machine. As far as I know only two exist in the world and I saw one of them AND they have one of my famous 1992 CDs (Summer vibe).

GorDo said:
now that we paid respect to the dead, i hope you wont mind me a few words that i wouldnt think of typing yesterday.

The hit on the WTC was of course a tragedy, and the single most "effective" terrorist activity ever recorded. Every year on the 11/9 we have to" ..........................."lost a brother in Iraq, Afganistan or wherever the 11/9 kept on burning

im gonna say quite simply this...... one mans terrorist, is another mans freedom fighter

Back
Top Bottom