Reloads for the sake of it...?

justin_credible

Lurker
VIP Junglist
Is it just me, or do rewinds get on everyones tits?

I mean if its something special then fair enough, it just always seems to me that its not so special the second time round.

Anyone else feel the same?

reloads fukin kill me, the main reason dj's do them is cos the first time round the mix is a bit out and they want to get in the double, i fukin hate rewinds, unless it is a ridiculously good tune

rewind for a double: v acceptable
rewind cos its a sick mix: also v acceptable

but rewinds should be left to the discretion of the dj, mc's are always calling for rewinds, thats fucking annoyin.

even worse when i was at native in bristol last week jakes was pullin up the tunes, thats really not acceptable.

it's not on when an mc litterely stops a track with his hands, that's just not right.

calling for a reload - then fair enough, it's at the djs discretion.

i like it when andy c/hype/friction reload a tune, because you know they'll always double drop it with something, so it builds up the mix as to where they left off. and just gets it rollin again.

it is always nice when you hear a brand spanking new smasher out and they reload it. you know that moment when everybody just looks around and pulls out the trigger fingers with that bad man face.

YOU KNOW!

it's not on when an mc litterely stops a track with his hands, that's just not right.

calling for a reload - then fair enough, it's at the djs discretion.

i like it when andy c/hype/friction/cyantific reload a tune, because you know they'll always double drop it with something, so it builds up the mix as to where they left off. and just gets it rollin again.

it is always nice when you hear a brand spanking new smasher out and they reload it. you know that moment when everybody just looks around and pulls out the trigger fingers with that bad man face.

YOU KNOW!

wicked dj imo....always imrpoving

Rewinds are a nice way of saying "F#CKING BOOM TUNE!" But if rewinds are done too much in a set, they lose their significance and impact and become somewhat of an annoyance.

i would have to agree with you guys on this

reloads are good a few times in a set if the tune/mix is a stomper and if the dj has something tasty up his sleeve but it does my nut when an mc keeps callin a reload on everythin

cant believe u missed mampi and clipz of that list, any good dj will have somethin ready with a short intro if a reload gets called, the nine, kloakin king & floodlight are my personal faves

as for it getting on my tits thats just braindead MCs who dont realise that a DJ just wants to have a mix

wicked dj imo....always imrpoving

i havent seen him dj in over a year now.
but when i did/have done, he's always impressed. he's definatly up there in the best, he just needs to excell himself a little more into the untouchable set.

I think its funny when the mc is shouting reload reload reload for a tune, and the dj just ignores him!

hahaha yeah thats true, but that happens like 100% when dj's in the mix atm and the mc doesnt know it, but for i love i reloads cuz they usually always get the peeps hyped up, but i has to be a sick heavy tune innit! what i've noticed lately that in dubstep raves the realoads are usually much heavier maybe because of the deeper more massive basslines? like check out deep medi @ helsinki when they rewind spongebob it got fucking hectic!!

BIG BWOY MALA KILLING IT!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqPzQdUmlkA

Last edited:
hahaha yeah thats true, but that happens like 100% when dj's in the mix atm and the mc doesnt know it, but for i love i reloads cuz they usually always get the peeps hyped up, but i has to be a sick heavy tune innit! what i've noticed lately that in dubstep raves the realoads are usually much heavier maybe because of the deeper more massive basslines? like check out deep medi @ helsinki when they rewind spongebob it got fucking hectic!!

BIG BWOY MALA KILLING IT!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqPzQdUmlkA

i want to go clubbing right now when i see that, looks like a whale of a time!! its monday so theres cheeky monday in red light district tonight and i feel the urge

i havent seen him dj in over a year now.
but when i did/have done, he's always impressed. he's definatly up there in the best, he just needs to excell himself a little more into the untouchable set.

he's still as good as ever mate seen him quite a bit recently and he is stepping up his game big time. listen to his set from new years eve at the opera house i think it is. it's in the other froum, the mixes and tracklisting one. proper bo mate!! :lighter:

very few tunes deserve a reload. One thing that pisses me off when an emcee starts calling for a reload, ecksman just goes on and on like selecta...selecta. For 1 its the dj selection and he should only give the tracks what he wants a reload.

Andy knows how to deal wid them, he just ignores them and they evntually shut up. lol

Some tunes are good when they're rewinded, but they have to a a smasher or there's no point.

They annoy me when I'm getting my rave on & it just fucking rewinds leaving you looking slightly confused. I'm like what the fuck!

Back
Top Bottom