Reloading a track

leepash

How do the Djs do it? do the just pull the track back as hard as they can? whenever i do it it never sounds like how they do

Depends, my decks have really shit torque so I have to stop then rewind, but dont rip it back as hard as you can or you get your needles bouncing about eveywhere, try it at diffrent speeds till you get your desired sound... Also try slowly sliding the volume fader down while you rewind

i use 1210's, if i ever have to reload which isnt very often, just put me finger on the record and wind it backwards, pullbacks to break a tune ill pull it back hella hard flipping the volume fader down as i go!

i sometime just press stop and then put my finger on the platter at the front of the deck and pull it back, gives quite a sick effect when switching a tune.. Not really a rewind i guess but it goes backwards lol..

To rewind i will just stop the track and spin as quick as i can in the middle of the vinyl with my gfinger and when i got it up to some speed fade it out on the channel..

Butter rug slipmats do the job, but some vinyl dont pull back as easy as others, plus alot of djs are usin cd decks now n thas how they get their rewinds to go on forever lol

i tend to jus mess about with speed, press the stop button a couple of times hope for the best rele lol.. From Global Gark K looked like he had a sound effect machine, he wud press a button and it wud give a short deep scratching noise...

i usually wack me balls out on the turntable an cos the so big an heavy they stop the track then i jus rewind with my flux capacitor!

Back
Top Bottom