Religion

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by duffer, Oct 9, 2008.

1. duffer

duffer Under Mi SensI...........

Anybody on here religous? We were talking in work and people were giving there opinions on it and every persons view was completely different. Just thought it would eb an interesting topic as to what people think or follow.

2. spiderfran286

spiderfran286 "Yes, squid pro roe..."

i believe for the world to progress we all need to forget about religion!
    all it does is cause wars

3. MARKLAR

MARKLAR International Tracksuit Salesman

:word:

4. tarranjoe

tarranjoe Active Member

religion doesnt cause wars, religions preach love and tolerance. people use them as a reason for war when they cant think of a real reason

5. spiderfran286

spiderfran286 "Yes, squid pro roe..."

nothing to do with religion the war in iraq then mate?
    nothing to do with religion what hitler did to the jews?
    nothing to do with religion that some twats flew planes into a building?
    nothing to do with religion that in medieval times we pillaged the so called "holy land"
    nothing to do with religion whats happening in gaza?
    Ok
    people have been fighting over religion for centuries

Last edited: Oct 9, 2008
  6. Fes Rock

Fes Rock Nothing..........

7. sidekickmc

sidekickmc MEDICINE?

'ello

what i find curious is that if a religion is fairly small in comparison to the longer-established faiths (scientologists/mormons etc) it is a "cult".

however, the widely practiced faiths are acceptable "religions".

that's all i have to say today on the topic

8. Catsel

Catsel Well-Known Dismember

-war in iraq is about oil
    -hitler hated anyone who didn't like him, wasn't just jews.
    -twats plane, thats to do with world power, ecomomics and people hating the western culture.
    -medieval times, we prolly just randomly took over peoples land, why not! thats the point of expansion. nothing to do with religion.
    -gaza is all about politics not religion
    -and yes, people do fight over religion, what a waste of time that is! we should all be fighting over which country can invent something revolutionary first!

religion is there to con people into beliving that if they do good in life. then death won't be so bad. simple.

if you would like more of my communist views on life then please visit www.youraloser.com thankyou.

9. Greg P

Greg P Active Member

I'm not religous in any way, and a few years ago I would have echoed the previous posts that are against it i.e. it causes wars, we need to abandon all religions etc...

However since then a lot of people have come into my life to whom religion is very important and plays a positive role in their life - my girlfriend and her family and some very close friends, each following different religions, so I've mellowed since then.

Their right to follow god is just the same as another persons right to not follow god, tolerance to poeple's views is the key.

However what I, and most people who follow a religion do, is oppose is any form of fundamentalism. It's fundamentalism that caused wars, the holocaust, and a lot of the other ills in the world that are blamed on religion...

Of course it could be argued that without religion there would be no fundamentalism, but what the hey, tolerance is the key remember...

Besides, what we gonna do, ban religion? Then what? What about the people who carry on worshipping in secret, what we gonna do with them, round them up and put them in some kind of camp? You can see where I'm going with this.

Besides, people have had religion since the beggining of time, in one way or another, it isn't going anywhere, with tolerance, communication and understanding society can continue to improve...

Right that's the most serious and sincere thing I ever wrote on here I reckon, so don't call me a hippy or a homo for it...

10. NastyLimbCheat

NastyLimbCheat Active Member

saying religion is bad is too broad a term. christianity and islam are the two worst culprits. things like the popes stance against contraception is causing people to die of aids in africa. christianity has had a history of burning witches and heretics at the stake and of crusades. however i accept there are religions which our good for society

11. Blurr

Blurr Wasted Selection

"I'm a Roman Catholic and have been since the day I was born,
    and the one thing the say about Catholics is, they take you as soon as your warm"

I'm not really a religious person but I do believe it can be a good thing, can also be very bad thing too

i could write for hours on the subject but I'm not gonna bore you, just say that anyone who thinks it jus causes war needs take a wider look at the picture than jus regurgitate stuff

12. Blurr

Blurr Wasted Selection

although the pope condemns contraception, he also condemns sex that before marriage & even after it HAS to be for procreation only, so u really can't blame him if ppl are gonna follow the no contraception rule but then still sleep around!

& over 75% of witches were pardoned & then the few that were killed were either drowned or hanged, the burning is a hollywood thing
    they did burn heretics but as Taz said religion was used as an excuse in most causes, e.g. Henry VIII & the Oxford martyrs

Last edited: Oct 9, 2008
  13. $marty

$marty Dexcell Staff Member

Religion went out the window a long time ago

14. Toejam

Toejam OOOBEY DOOBEY

Every christmas i used to pray for a brand new bike, i never got one so i stole one asked god to forgive me

peter kay quote

15. tarranjoe

tarranjoe Active Member

cheers, saved me a long post

16. sam the dnb man

sam the dnb man Variation

17. moriaty

moriaty Active Member

right on (y)

religion has always been the excuse. nothing more. Individuals with power know that the public is god fearing, and will agree with any plan you propose to them, just as long as you mention that is "god's will".

im not religious, meaning that i dont go to church, fast, or have any scruples on pre-marital sex.
    but i do have faith.
    i really want to believe that this whole universe was meant to be, and not just a huge cosmic fluke. i want to believe that shit happens after you die. i want to believe that anyone who's caused unnecessary pain to others will get what he deserves from the cosmos.
    i dont know man, i dont follow any particular religion, i was raised a fairly relaxed christian orthodox, and i have to say that i dont disagree with what the bible claims to be the words of Christ. But id never think less of someone because he/her would have a different opinion. if anything, i find it intriguing to learn about new religions, and perhaps some clues that can direct me towards figuring out where the fuck we're coming from. Or at least, form an opinion which can help me lead a less stress full life.
    Cause at the end of the day, thats what religion is suppose to function as; a medium to help you better your life, by giving opinions on the origins of the world and the human race.
    The pub brawl starts when certain peoples' interpretation of these ideas is that they're god's words, and that god is the only and true god, and other peoples' god is fake, and harmful for our world, and needs to be eliminated.
    i appreciate that horrible things have been made in the name of religion, but i'll repeat what i said at the beginning; religion has always been the excuse. If people that carried out atrocities in the name of their god where truly believers, they wouldnt have done that many horrible things in fear of judgement.

once again, these are my views, i respect everyone elses', please do alike.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2008
  18. tarranjoe

tarranjoe Active Member

yes gordo. nice to see theres some people with some sense on this forum. someone decided to flame me, and one example he used where religion had started a war was Iraq, lol

19. BeyondTherapy

BeyondTherapy Well-Known Member

i have my own cult (Religion) !!! its called sexoligy ....

rule 1 - if she cant wear a thong be gone
    rule 2 - you must be able to squirt
    rule 3 - asshole sex is great dont fear it

other than that come as you are and lets have sexy fun

20. sam the dnb man

sam the dnb man Variation

praise the mighty yoda