Relentless NASS Festival 2011 DnB Arena Announcements!

BeyondTherapy

VIP Junglist
Relentless NASS Festival 2011 DnB Arena Announcements!

DIRTYPHONICS Live
...JOKER ft Nomad
DJ HYPE & IC3
FRESH
CAMO & KROOKED
LOADSTAR Live
FLUX PAVILLION
JENNA G Live
CHARLIE G
KLIMAX
PREMISE
FREERANGE DJS
BENNY MC

Still need to see Dirtyphonics live, how would Loadstar live work? An is this some sort of new trend? all the commercial dnb producers doing live sets?

Still need to see Dirtyphonics live, how would Loadstar live work? An is this some sort of new trend? all the commercial dnb producers doing live sets?

ive been meaning to see dirtyphonics for a while too, ever since i saw that tastey clip of them on youtube.

it's obvious the commercially viable acts will wanna have a live show.

many reasons for this include:

the ability to tour and do headline shows
keeping all ticket price themselves
promtion on tour, local radio etc
opening your live market to younger audiences who cant get into clubs
merchandising sales at venues
gainin more respect as an artist commercially for doing their own shows and having a tour
charging more to appear as their live show rather than djing
being able to hit the festival circuit

its all about publicity and money, live shows are where most artists really make their money so they have to capitalise on it if they are to carry on as musicians. i bet you pick any mainstream dnb dj and they make more in one night than they do on an album or single.

the worrying thing is that the "live" shows are often just a pile of lies with dance (and mainly dnb acts) just playing their tracks and pretending to hit keyboards. if your going to use ableton when performing live, mix it up n mash up your tunes daft punk style and reli give the crowd something one off and unique to justify the ticket price. c&s was actually like listening to the cd and there was no belnding of tunes into each other.

The following set won me a place in the finals of the Relentless NASS DJ Competition, which will be held at Proud2 (Matter) on June 17th. In order to win, I have to spread the word! Listen below, and perhaps I'll see you from the main stage at NASS!

www.soundcloud.com/trackitdown/dj-decimal-nass-mix/

Sub Focus - Splash
>> Rihanna - Rude Boy (Acapella)
Ian Carey - Get Shaky (Matrix & Futurebound Remix)
Commix - Strictly
Octane, DLR & Subterra - Red Mist (Instrumental)
TC - Get That Girl (Instrumental)
Logistics - Murderation
Metrik - Forward Approach
Sigma - Stronger
Break - Too Much
Alex Reece - Pulp Fiction (Lynx 2010 Remix)
Logistics - Eastern Promise
>> Tinie Tempah & Labrynth - Frisky
Cyantific & Kasra - Outer Limits
Sub Focus - Follow The Light (Vocal Version)
>> Cyantific & Matrix - Cover Story
Logistics - Colourwheel (Friction & K Tee Remix)
Loadstar BLVD

I too made it through to the final! And as always these competitions rate it on how much you can spam your mix

Sooooo... Give mine a quick listen if you please! You won't be disappoint!

It's 3 decks all vinyl!

Tracklisting:

Breakage - Fighting Fire (Loadstar Remix)
>>> Capone - Friday
Phace - Strange Science
Loadstar - BLVD
>>> Ram Trilogy - Titan
Hive - Blackout
>>> Noisia - Concussion
Noisia - Floating Zero
>>> Rockwell - Full Circle
Icicle - Dreadnaught
SPY - Xenomorph
Harvest - Militant
Sparfunk - Crash Test Dummy
Chase & Status - No Problem
>>> Loadstar - Link To The Past
>>> Lomax - Artisan VIP

itll take all the energy out of all their tunes, like what happens in every other "live" set

I dunno, have seen Dirtyphonics live twice and both times they've absolutely destroyed it. Highly recommended. (y)

Never seen anyone else 'live' though (Sub Focus / Nero etc). Can't imagine it being too impressive. Anyone know of any videos / set rips anywhere?

PS. Where is this NASS festival anyway?

ye bath and west showground by castle cary and pretty close to glastonbury i believe. anyone else landin on this? went two years ago and was sick despite the shit weather, lineup last year looked good but couldnt make it so gna make up for it this year :P.

and ye will be interestin to see all the 'live' acts...2 years ago when i saw chase and status 'live' they were fucking shit...fuck all mixing and just there own tunes played not quite as well as the actual tunes...

I dunno, have seen Dirtyphonics live twice and both times they've absolutely destroyed it. Highly recommended. (y)

Never seen anyone else 'live' though (Sub Focus / Nero etc). Can't imagine it being too impressive. Anyone know of any videos / set rips anywhere?

PS. Where is this NASS festival anyway?

Iv seen C&s and sub focus "live" and both were fucking waste

Iv seen C&s and sub focus "live" and both were fucking waste

I did like Chase and Status live but when they performed there first album way back at the begining

For me id say one fo the best live acts ive seen was Top Cat.

Back
Top Bottom