DnB Releasing a remix on my friends label... need help getting it perfect!

W3st

Unsigned DnB Producer
Hey guys,

I am releasing a remix of my friends song, who is the owner of his record label called Rage Face Records or RFR.

They need it by this Saturday, and I have a good amount of it remixed already.

I would love to get some detailed criticism on my *mixdown*, *mix*, *drum work*, and even some ideas of how to make it better/more exciting because I am having serious writer's block.

Here's the remix:
Thanks guys, you all have done alot for me in the past getting my songs to sound better so I seek your aid once again!

Cheers, W3st

Last edited:
Dont push yourself too hard, you're doing great so far!

At start you should add some pad work, maybe more fx work or some other things to make it trrippy as song is, drum work is great, synth work as well, and at 2:01 you should add some crash in reverb. ;)

Be well and get this sh*t done, it has really big potential. ;)

You could add some more highs in the snare to begin with. Also make it slightly shorter, so it has a bit more punch.
Here and there a variation in the drums wouldn't hurt either.

I love the parts without drums the most so far, although I must say your drops have good potential! ;)
At the end though the drop gets really boring. I think the best thing to do is make a switchup after 8 bars of half-time drums.
Just make some kind of break and maybe a build up synth that works up to the drum and bass rhythm again. This will get the dynamic back in the song, so that it keeps being interesting to listen to.

At your soundcloud I gave some more tips or made clear what I thought was really cool and what could use something extra.

Overall I love the song, I really want to hear the result!

Thanks guys awesome feedback. Especially you, Nucleoid-thanks for the detail!

I'll try and put this to good use but alas, the worst thing that could of possibly happened to me last night did... My FLP file corrupted and I lost most of the project.

Definitely bummed me out, but I have some rendered wav files I can use, and a version that's 4 days old to rebuild with. Anyways, I'll save you all the rant, just wish me luck!

Cheers. Oh and more crits are welcome, I'll just need to rebuild first :antitank:

Like it man.. I prefer the first drop to the second, as not a huge fan of the prolonged half time 'vibe', but that's just my personal taste.. Hope you can sort out the refix without much trouble after the loss of files..

I GOT IT BACK! fuck school work that can come second. Slaved away at it until I got it back to where I was. Thank god for resamples, I saved the basslines and some of the sidechained synths. Keeping a log now too, so I can remember what drums pieces I used and the volume levels....

Thought I'd add a new touch and save 5 different copies of it :2thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom