Release date procrastinators

SmallVictoriez

Teen Pop Sensation
VIP Junglist
This is absolutely the worst thing about drum & bass, I don't like to make negative threads but holy shit! :mad:

What tunes can you name that have taken fucking forever to come out? Which producers are most prone to this type of behavior?

Fresh had that whole incident with Submarines, Hazard I waited like 2 years for Psychedelic,

and I'm still waiting on a fucking release of Space Animals from TC!!!

God fucking damnit

Is there any logical reasoning to this? They want to redo the mixdown or something sure, that doesn't take two years though.

Could be sample clearance or label rights / licensing disputes, or they could be doing it to be cunts.

Really the best thing to do is try not to think about dubplates, just focus on the new releases. Or it will make you mental, no jokes. Been there myself.

Could be sample clearance or label rights / licensing disputes, or they could be doing it to be cunts.

Really the best thing to do is try not to think about dubplates, just focus on the new releases. Or it will make you mental, no jokes. Been there myself.

Licensing disputes I get, people don't give clearance for the sample and all yeah - I think you've got a point just focusing on new releases.

oh and i am still waiting on Kemal & Rob Data - FUCKING HOSTILE to come out on vinyl from like 10+ years ago. What a smasher!

Last edited by a moderator:
oh and i am still waiting on Kemal & Rob Data - FUCKING HOSTILE to come out on vinyl from like 10+ years ago. What a smasher!

there is vinyl of this floating around i got one off ebay - didnt even know what it was just brought it cos everyone was going metal about it being bootlegged so brought it for the collection value

Last edited by a moderator:
Not just Drum & Bass, Dubstep is the same I waited about 2 or 3 years to get my hands on Skream - Kinky but yeah it does take the piss, then when you finally get said vinyl its been battered that much you dont even bother with it

Shogun are the best at releasing stuff on time and giving you a heads up of when you can expect tunes to drop. Same with Critical too.

Labels like Ram & Subtitles for example just long it hard.

Shogun are the best at releasing stuff on time and giving you a heads up of when you can expect tunes to drop. Same with Critical too.

Spor made a tune in 6 hours once - it was available soon after on Shogun audio. They seem to be on top of things.

Halogen by Spor took waaaay too long to come out...

And I'm still waiting on Naglfar by Cooh and CV...

To be honest, it's not an unreasonable amount of time, but I'm pretty impatient.

There are many factors to this. Many of which have been discussed before in various threads, so I'm just going to post this picture instead:

jacko.jpg

This exactly. Shogun are on the surface at least one of the most professionally run labels in DNB. The Playaz lot seem to get stuff out regularly as well. Not necessarily on time but I think this is because of the steady stream of music that seems to come from them in recent years...

I agree mate takes the piss sometimes,

But for me the total worse the total pisstake is when they make a filthy great tune and dont even release it at all ffs !!!

Back
Top Bottom