Rekordbox with USB

Discussion in 'DJ's, MC's & Turntablism' started by dafo93, Oct 28, 2012.

1. dafo93

dafo93 SWITCH FUSION

Been researching this recently and thought I'd get some opinions here too...does anyone use Rekordbox with USB sticks only on the CDJ 900 and 2000s? If so, is it reliable? Or would it be better to use CDs / USBs by themselves with no use of Rekordbox?

2. D-Jhepz

D-Jhepz ◕‿◕

try the rekordbox/ pioneer forums personally they had a lot more info cos they more specifically orientated

3. Freezz

Freezz Member

I do that all the time! It's very reliable with the cdj 2000, however no experience with the 900's/850's... Some usb's don't work, but most 4-8gb from a good brand (eg Corsair) work without any issues

4. billymarsh900

billymarsh900 New Member

Hello, I have the same problem.

Why is so extremely slow to export files in high quality (aiff) from rekorrbox to a USB? And the more surprising thing is that is as well very slow to erase files from a USB from rekorbox. I am doing something wrong? is really slow and mi computer is a new super powerfull imac and the usb sticks are the "Pioneer dj 64GB USB pen drive".

5. jones-e

jones-e Junglist

I have a cdj 850 and use a USB stick only and it honestly one of the most easy to use pieces of kit ever! The interface on the CD deck is really easy to use (can sort by artist/track/album/genre/bpm) and you can have 100's of tracks ready to go without any changing of sticks/CD's.

I think the reason it takes so long to load the files to a USB from Rekordbox is because it is not only sending the music file but also the waveform for the CD deck to display (this means it comes up instantly when you load the track and not a minute into the track if you use a CD, very useful). It is also sending all of your hotcues/beat maps to the CD deck so its lot of info to send over - def worth the wait tho!

6. jones-e

jones-e Junglist

sorry should have said, i use a USB loaded through Rekordbox and not just a plugging a USB straight in. The difference is the speed the track loads, the waveform display and use of hot cues (if your deck has this feature).