reggae inspires b-lines...

richie_stix

gomby plz
VIP Junglist
anyone got some basic tips for making reggae style b-lines... tried using sine waves but there was to much 'pure sound' and not enough harmonics....

so to make those punchy, but deep and rich oldskool/reggae b-lines, what wave shape are we takling and what about attack, sustain relese and decay?

cheers peeps!

808's bruv, or yeah sine waves, quick release, play pattern with offbeat skanks, instant reggae!

what do you mean 'with offbeat skanks' ie on the second snare rather than kick or sumthing?

and can anyone recomend a good 808 plug in?

the skanks are the chords in reggae (in dnb ud out them on the snares), u dont have to use them, i use them in a few of my tracks, but the initial bass u want if a good sine or 808 bass

the skanks are the chords in reggae (in dnb ud out them on the snares), u dont have to use them, i use them in a few of my tracks, but the initial bass u want if a good sine or 808 bass

yeah, i know what you mean... the little plucks of a quitar similar to ska and that... example would be mr jah?

yeah the skanks are usually guitars, pianos, or brass stabs

for a proper reggae bassline, you want a decent lowpassed bass guitar

Also, generally reggae basslines are usually in major chords and range between two octaves, giving it a sunny uplifting vibe. Although there are the odd exception.

Back
Top Bottom