Regarding the netsky acusation

dont understand how u can cheat? at the end of the day a dj plays and selects records. how u do that can be anything. the prob is that beatmatching is essential in dance music, but with technology doing it for u then yes there is much elss skill but it seems to me like the only ones complaining about this are the old skool vinyl dj's. u cant argue with results and its the techniques u pull off mixing that people remmber becos its expected u can beatmatch if ur djing at a club. i dnt think its skillful or woteva and i dnt do it myself but producing a performance can happen in any number of ways. i dnt like wot netsky does cos he may as well be playing a pre recorded mix, but dont hate digital just cos ur "long worked on skill" can be done in a fraction of the time by a piece of sofware lol. go with the flow.

to quote gladiator "win the crowd and you will win your freedom" this is all that matters in djing ultimately, not the few old skoolers at the back crying because they can hear the difference between cd and vinyl and that alkl the mixes are perfect lol.

jokes!

yeah i agree but you have to admit grooverider is no better, at least with fabio he does drop darkside beats from time to time which helps

To put my 2 cents in I'm bored of this argument. Technology is an ever evolving thing.

Like I always say the people that complain probably all use iphones, mp3 players etc in their everyday life. Why specifically does DJ'ing have to be any different.

I owned 1210's back in 1996 and when I sold them back in 2005 I was a little gutted but I soon got over it. I went to cdj's then to traktor scratch with cdj's and I've now recently upgraded to Traktor Kontrol S4.

The creativity this controller now gives me is far far FAR beyond the capabilities of 2 1210's. 4 decks, 8 sample banks and various saved multi cue points is a force to be reckoned with.

Shut the argument down and worry about more important things in life I say!

Back
Top Bottom