Refound Love

bartinbarca

The Darkhouse
Back in the days... 1994 in fact ( I was a little behind)
I met a guy from London, whom said I must listen to the Jungle... for the next 7 years... I listended to nothing else.

Was in Manchester, was always a raver went to any night I could possibly afford despite it being difficult in Manchester to find a venue to go too..

My first night out was at the Dark House know locally as the Russel on December 24th 2004, I think we stayed way beyond the time we should have but the police let us carry on.

Nights then carried on and on, saw the scene go though many changes. Many Sick times...

I have recently stumbled accross some downloads sites and it now feels like those days have come back all again, yes it feels like a time warp has come back but I dont care..

My fav tune of all time was alex reeces Pulp fiction.. then I think there was one called Doc Scotts Shadow Boxer, I have so many it too many to mention !

Big up to all the massive out there, now in Barcelona trying to find a scene.

My name is Daryl ! The Man that used to work in chicken run and play my various tape packs, when they used to let me... !

GREAT! WELCOME!

you have a crazy good memory btw, i couldnt tell you what i was doing in 2004.

Cheers

ahh I meant 1994.
Yes there ar loads, if anyone knows of the Manchester Scene back then well it was a bit pants, but also a bit a fun at the same time.

Used to live across the road from the likes of MC Triggas posse and worked in a take away he was almost in everyday.

One experince that was crazy well on a on going one, was the gun tooting lads that used to follow them with added affect to the nights at the russel, lads used to turn up with live rounds and shoot their guns when they enjoyed a tune on the celling.

One of the best nights I ever experinced though as at the Hacinenda back in September 2006. The Shy FX refmix of the Helecoptor tune, had not long been out, we had been waiting to hear it for ages in Manchester for the 1st time.

Nicky blackmarket opened up with it, and it got rewinded 6 times. I guess a bit OTT but it was aamount.

I also remember quite a remarkable set by Grooverider, who played a lot of tunes when it seemed the DJ's tried to stear away from these crowd pleaser light tunes, to much more of a Darker flavour.

So many mememories, another one as at Sankeys soap, I think in 1996 or 97 when the late Chemistry and Storm played.. I cant remember ever dancing so heavy...

Also every weekend going to Eastern Block to go and buy my tape packs whilst my mate, who was quite a decent DJ brought his tunes, got to know XTC, and Interlex... also Sappo.

Last edited:
Cheers

ahh I meant 1994.
Yes there ar loads, if anyone knows of the Manchester Scene back then well it was a bit pants, but also a bit a fun at the same time.

Used to live across the road from the likes of MC Triggas posse and worked in a take away he was almost in everyday.

One experince that was crazy well on a on going one, was the gun tooting lads that used to follow them with added affect to the nights at the russel, lads used to turn up with live rounds and shoot their guns when they enjoyed a tune on the celling.

One of the best nights I ever experinced though as at the Hacinenda back in September 2006. The Shy FX refmix of the Helecoptor tune, had not long been out, we had been waiting to hear it for ages in Manchester for the 1st time.

Nicky blackmarket opened up with it, and it got rewinded 6 times. I guess a bit OTT but it was aamount.

I also remember quite a remarkable set by Grooverider, who played a lot of tunes when it seemed the DJ's tried to stear away from these crowd pleaser light tunes, to much more of a Darker flavour.

So many mememories, another one as at Sankeys soap, I think in 1996 or 97 when the late Chemistry and Storm played.. I cant remember ever dancing so heavy...

Also every weekend going to Eastern Block to go and buy my tape packs whilst my mate, who was quite a decent DJ brought his tunes, got to know XTC, and Interlex... also Sappo.

start a thread about it in general man. someone else might know what your talking about (y)

Back
Top Bottom