Reecey Roller - advice and crit would be most appreciated

nafe1

sea turtles mate
VIP Junglist
hi all

I realized last time I posted this track was in the wrong forum so hear it is with more work done,

would love to get your thoughts on it, this track is my progress after 5 tutorial sessions with Heist, I hope you like it

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f1pj1awt5uhe4oj/Nafe_Roller.mp3?dl=0

P.S. you might hear a weird voice in the background, this is the DEMO TrackSpacer voice (I wanted to test it out and give the kick some space in the mix)

Thanks in advance :)

hey nafe! great to see you sharing tracks. could you upload them somewhere and share the link?
i'm travelling and cannot download things right now. looking forward listening to you tune mate!

just tried, the track playback worked without download ... disregard my previous message
(PS: here in asia some services are blocked ... google isn't accessible in china ...).

like your track ... very dark and groovy. good flow between elements and selecting of synth/samples.
pls look at drum mixing, esp. frequencies in the hats. what do you use for drum bussing?
cool track, keep it up bro! :2thumbs:

just tried, the track playback worked without download ... disregard my previous message
(PS: here in asia some services are blocked ... google isn't accessible in china ...).

like your track ... very dark and groovy. good flow between elements and selecting of synth/samples.
pls look at drum mixing, esp. frequencies in the hats. what do you use for drum bussing?
cool track, keep it up bro! :2thumbs:

Hi mate! thanks so much for hitting me back on this, I hope you are enjoying China!

Yep! 100%, the drum mixing needs attention, I'm planning to go through that with Heist on the 20th of this month, I have a session with him and this is one of the topics we are going to cover, I still have much to learn in respect of that, I did try TrackSpacer demo to give the kick some space but it ended up messing with the entire mix (maybe I got the routing wrong or something), and yeah haha those hats are pretty abrasive on the ears! hahaha that should be a relatively quick fix

I used Thrillseeker LA as my bus compressor but I plan to get the Glue shortly and will replace Thrillseeker once I have it.

I'm really happy that your feeling it though mate! your comments have made my day! once ive got my eggs in a basket il have another version that (hopefully) will sound the tits!

Thanks again man!

if possible, try to get camphat3 or camelcrusher. not the end of story but will solve many things if used wisely ... cheers bro!

Back
Top Bottom