Reece?

Warmth

This is truly sad, but in my Dnb production I've only managed to make one shitty reece... and here it is ->

But now I really need help from you, I've downloaded Z3ta+ , and it will hopefully give me lots of Noisia reeces(distorted, dark samples(bass)), hehe, how would I manage? Or are there other magical softwares that would provide that sound Im looking for ??

well, this is the closest, sad, I know, so help me then!

Attachments

• WannaBReece.mp3
    72.8 KB · Views: 162
I'm just a beginner myself (you may have already done this but i dont think so...) but I've read in many different spots its all about layering multiple sounds together if you wanna get that real dense, thick , fat , heavy sound that the pros get...

i agree with metaverse, its all about layering frequency groups. you can make a reece out of anything really. last one i made was by generating noise in cooledit and resampling it. weve got 3 tunes with that reece.

I'm certainly no professional but..

You can make a pretty good one with the standard 3 x osc in FL Studio. Z3ta is an awesome synth, you'll be able to make some sickness with that synth!

I'm with these guys, I usually have 2 or more layers when making a reece, one gritty high end, and a mid/low pass with plenty of rumble. You can detune those two to get some cool 'flangy filtery' effects!

i might suggest any synth with 3 oscillators,... and using multiple filter lfos can really make your sounds glide all over the place.

Warmth said:
Or are there other magical softwares that would provide that sound Im looking for ??

That's an extremely misguided question. The pro's don't get their sound because they have the latest and greatest software, they get their sound because they've put years of hard graft in, and i'm afraid you'll have to do the same.

that's true Affliction... mighty true indeed... Don´t think you know me though, I put great time into my production, I just wanted to see if you had any tips to fasten my process... And it is a pure fantasy to have reeces like noisia and the upbeats, I just dreamt there were someone who knew how to...

ME -> DREAMER(yn)

SDM, "gritty,rumble"?? This sounds stupid, but what samples do you layer together? Nois and Saws?:shrug:
Resampling does what ?... uhh, I'm not from any english speaking country so you have to forgive me..

Warmth said:
that's true Affliction... mighty true indeed... Don´t think you know me though, I put great time into my production, I just wanted to see if you had any tips to fasten my process... And it is a pure fantasy to have reeces like noisia and the upbeats, I just dreamt there were someone who knew how to...

ME -> DREAMER(yn)

Didn't mean to sound harsh in my first post - just being honest mate!

I disagree that it's fantasy to have sounds like noisia or anyone else - they're not doing anything you or me couldn't do, the only difference between "us" and "them" is experience. The only way to fasten the process as you say, is to put in more hours in the studio. (y)

Affliction said:
Didn't mean to sound harsh in my first post - just being honest mate!

I disagree that it's fantasy to have sounds like noisia or anyone else - they're not doing anything you or me couldn't do, the only difference between "us" and "them" is experience. The only way to fasten the process as you say, is to put in more hours in the studio. (y)

Well, thanks, but I disagree that the only thing you can do is practise.. Off course you can gather info from others on the internet with questions.. that has helped me a whole lot, maybe 30 % thanks to the answers and tips, but at the end it's you who make the rest with "studio hours".

Affliction said:
...the only difference between "us" and "them" is experience. The only way to fasten the process as you say, is to put in more hours in the studio. (y)

the difference between, at least, me and them is our styles. I do not sound like they do and they do not sound like me. Cos they couldnt sound like me. And i cant sound like them. Well maybe if i tried, but i doubt it. Theres no better noisia than noisia and so on. Experience is another difference along with shoesize and softdrink preference. Reason i group these together is cos no matter how much time i spend in the studio i wont sound like them.

sorry for the thread hi-jack, to get back on topic you can make killer reeces with the ts404. bunch of vsts, bounce, resample with the frequency layering deal and presto.

Last edited:
logikz said:
the difference between, at least, me and them is our styles. I do not sound like they do and they do not sound like me. Cos they couldnt sound like me. And i cant sound like them. Well maybe if i tried, but i doubt it. Theres no better noisia than noisia and so on. Experience is another difference along with shoesize and softdrink preference. Reason i group these together is cos no matter how much time i spend in the studio i wont sound like them.

That's not exactly what i was getting at. imo the reason Noisia (or any other accomplished artist) have their unique sound is because they've invested thousands of hours into its practice. They know through experience how to get the sound they want.

Well, thanks, but I disagree that the only thing you can do is practise.. Off course you can gather info from others on the internet with questions.. that has helped me a whole lot, maybe 30 % thanks to the answers and tips, but at the end it's you who make the rest with "studio hours".

I disagree again :teeth: Gathering info and tips from others gives you an area to focus your practice on, something that you might not have practiced otherwise. But still practice is the only thing that leads to improvement. Reading a dozen internet articles on creating bass doesn't make you a bass expert, you still have to get into the studio and practice the things you read in the articles.

There's a few suggested areas of practice that's been mentioned by others in the thread - Bad Ace was spot on with Reaktor, Noisia use their own custom designed bass synth in Reaktor which they keep closely guarded. AFAIK they've only let 2 other people see the synth.

Imagine how many hours of practice it took them to learn Reaktor & synth designing theory... o_O

true, true indeed, - we're going in circles mate.. really, what you are saying makes perfect sense to me.. I just said that no way had my horizon in production be so big(little) as it is if it wasn´t for ... f.x. your comments :D

I truly do practise everything to the fullest(though I'm not half-way there), but the thing is, I do not take info and methods from others and use them that way... it only helps me to get to the area, from there I, myself, evolve my own style. so there!

But yeah, why reaktor?? isn´t it just another Vst-supporting program like cubase and logic? And please explain what's a ts 404..

Warmth said:
true, true indeed, - we're going in circles mate..

I noticed that too :teeth:

Warmth said:
But yeah, why reaktor?? isn´t it just another Vst-supporting program like cubase and logic?

Far from it, Reaktor is a program that lets you literally create a synthesizer from component parts in any configuration you can think of, and then use that synthesizer as a VSTi plugin in a VST host. Extremely complex stuff...

reaktor isnt really needed to get your leads soundin like that, you just gotta develop your own resampling and fx chaining techniques through trial and error. trying to reproduce someone elses exact methods is pretty pointless, might as well just sample the sound you like from the source if all youre goin to do is try to create that exact sound. personally i've found that combining multiples techniques i've read about or developed layerd in various orders produces the best results in my opinion

Back
Top Bottom