Reece Bass NI Massive file [FREE]

Mr Fletch

aka KRONIX
VIP Junglist
So, the reece bass is pretty fundamental to drum and bass, and most of us know how to make a version of it in one way or another, but I also see alot of people asking how to get it sounding phatter.

Taking this on board, I have spent the last few hours playing in NI Massive, trying to tweak and perfect my own version of the Reece bass, and I'm pleased to say, I've come up with quite a hench sounding bass now.

So, I figured I'd throw a clip up on here for you all to comment on, and also, I figured I'd throw up a link to the Massive file so anyone who has Massive can download it and use it in there tracks, and maybe tweak a little more and make it even phatter!

The Clip

The .ksd file

http://www.zshare.net/download/91397097ec855ee9/

Last edited:
It's not bad.. but it's a pretty standard 3 or so detuned saws with a low-pass filter right? I haven't downloaded but I'm guessing.
It could do with a little more movement, that's all. :)

Good effort. :D

It's not bad.. but it's a pretty standard 3 or so detuned saws with a low-pass filter right? I haven't downloaded but I'm guessing.

Its actually 3 sine waves, one routed through a lowpass filter and the other two routed through a scream filter in massive. With a tube distortion, and dimension expander added too.

It wasnt meant to be a gritty bass with lots of movement in it, as it's just an example of a reece bass, for those people that are wanting a bog standard reece.

theres always one..

---------- Post added at 15:44 ---------- Previous post was at 15:39 ----------

Filthzilla said:
I created my first full track on the 16th of October, 2010... and in the past three months created 8 more, each getting a little more interesting than the last, up to recently when my mate, after hearing my newest work-in-progress, said to me the words that every producer craves to hear: 'you didn't really make that, did you?'

now thats funny :D

i would use massive... but i value my ears to much :teeth:

---------- Post added at 16:53 ---------- Previous post was at 16:52 ----------

fletch, you use ableton?

Back
Top Bottom