Redundancy

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by Agent Smith, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Agent Smith

Agent Smith Currently Putins Koala

Just been made redundant, fortunately due to hints dropped and general office gossip I was made aware a few weeks previously.

I am also fortunate enough to already have interviews lined up for other jobs, if I get them is another matter entirely.

However...
    As a team we have been asked to train the people who will eventually replace us. They come over from India in the next few weeks & we have been given the opportunity for an increased redundancy based on how well the transition goes.

if anyone has dealt with any call centre/customer care department in india, whether it be about your mobile phone, your car insurance, anything for that matter, i'm sure that you can agree that the one thing they lack reading from scripts is common sense.

So my big question.
    How do you teach common sense to someone who is barely english literate? and would it be worthwhile seeing my days through with my current company, deal with the transition as best as I can, or just tell them to stick it?

Thoughts anyone?

Last edited: Feb 9, 2012
  2. groelle

groelle Well-Known Member

stick it imo. get all the other ones that have been made redundant do the same. your employer will be fucked and think about replacing his work force a lot more next time ..

what a shit plan imo.

3. Agent Smith

its a shitty situation to be put in.
    let alone having to train some inbred to do something I'm still learning day by day.

its been discussed everyone just telling them to stick it, and see how they cope. Until we find out how much extra redundancy we would get its still in limbo groelle.

We got told about being made redundant on a powerpoint slideshow too by some wanker that no-one knows just to rub it in. wankers.

4. hyperd4eva

hyperd4eva H&M SCARVES

Stick with it bro. they have the power to fuck u over.. u need the cash when unemployed. good luck with the job hunt and the indians. I have to speak to BT india everyday.. they are actually quite pathetically funny. Good luck! i wouldnt really be bothered about even caring about helping them. fuck it. turn up.. go home.. move on!

5. Agent Smith

appreciate your thoughts tony. I should be okay in terms of getting something new, I've been on the lookout for a while and been testing the water with interviews for a short while now. Im very fortunate to have a wealth of experience & knowledge in the field I specialize in.

Personally I want to stick it out. Extra money is a bonus. would be good to know the exact sum, which we haven't been told yet.

Its just a kick in the teeth having to train someone who can barely speak a word of english my job. I know I'm going to want to knock this fucker out when he is next to me day in day out asking pointless questions that I dont care about anymore.

6. richie_stix

richie_stix gomby plz

in a way, i wouldnt mind being made redundant as i wana leave my job anyways... if it came with a nice severance package that is!

one of my mates got made redundant, and was all boohoohoo.... i was like fuck you bro, 3 months wages paid (including working 2 weeks notice) and he got a job within the first month, so for two months was getting two wages! CUNT. CUNT. CUNT. BROOL.

7. Freek

Freek Lets get freeeeeeky

wow, unemployment in the UK is at an all time high and your employer is now taking a load of jobs and giving them to some braindead foreign wankers with no common sense or the slightest grasp on the english language... i say use the last couple of weeks to create so much chaos within the company so that they are completely unable to continue work, loose money, go into administration and close... replace work books with your own versions, so when customers call asking for advice, but what they get is actually "go suck on ur dads left testicle while stroking ur shlong with the cat" and the indian advisor has no idea what he/she has just said to the other person on the phone. take all of the paper files, empty the contents and mix em up soo all of the customers data is mixed up causing a huge breach of DPA when it comes to sending letters and shit.. start deleting critical folders on the companies shared drive... so many things you could do to make yourself feel a little bit better, and most importantly of all, go find that twat that approved the change and beat the absolute living shit out of him with the phone that you've had your ear stuck to listenin to moaning wankers for the last however many years..... that's what id do

della111 and Agent Smith like this.
  8. groelle

groelle Well-Known Member

9. Agent Smith

Have to say...freek, I'm considering that...+pos repped

sad to say I work for a rather large company, myself alone won't be able to completely ruin them, but it could be feasible to ruin their processes.
    I am intending to train whoever I get in a basic manner.

& Richie...if I find something by the 20th of April I will be hitting that jackpot, heres to hoping!!

10. Jwood27

Jwood27 VICTIM

it'll be interesting to see what the new workers call themselves.

whenever i phone orange they're always called john, or mark. it's laughable really.

sorry to hear about that though man hope the interviews go well. personally just try to get the extra pay through hard work, you may need it sooner than you think

11. Agent Smith

They called one of the agents out there who runs our call centre Martin Luther King because his indian name was so long and hard to pronounce.

Brool but true. I kid you not.

Cheers James. just going to stick it out and get my nut down for the time being.
    Just waiting for formal confirmation on everything and the figures for the redundancy package atm...

12. Freek

Freek Lets get freeeeeeky

best of luck for the interviews mate, completely forgot to put anything positive in my last post haha! hopefully you'll land a job on more money, better benefits and fitter female work colleagues cos we all know thats what stops the day from dragging......

13. dirty breaks

dirty breaks Guest

What an absolute fucking joke.

thats like your wife leaving you, but before she kicks you out of the house you've got to teach her new boyfriend how to do the thing you do that she likes.

Personally I'd tell em to go fuck themselves. write a strongly worded letter to your local MP and to the Business Secretary (Vince Cable) about it, and whilst your at the company try and find any shit on them that could fuck them up, no matter how big or small. and if you have to break a few laws to do it, it's morally justified so you don't have to worry about any repercussions.

Fight The Good Fight, Stand Your Ground, Vive Le Resistance.

[​IMG]

edit: oh yeah, also take a massive shit on your bosses desk.

14. ThePapa

ThePapa Suffragette City..

Local papers may like the story given that companies should only be importing staff where there is a proven skill shortage. The actual reason is to keep wages low which is great for our economy but shit for those just starting out and fighting for entry level jobs. Thing is we've got loads of 'tier 4' in West London already not sure why your company feel obliged to do this.

Look Stu you're clearly a clever lad you most certainly will not be working in a call centre past the age of 25 (if not sooner) this could actually be a blessing of sorts. Just don't rock any boats just put this down to experience (weak but true).

15. SIRUS

SIRUS 変なひと

DEY TERK YER JERB!

Only one thing for it I'm afraid. Train them poorly. Learn Hindi. fly to India. Take that shit back!

16. Agent Smith

cheers papa J.

If I worked in a call centre just making outgoing calls I wouldn't mind giving up my job to these inbreds, but we deal with debt collections, new customer leases & new business, which is why we were all a bit shocked to see our side of the role be migrated.

jerb interview today...quite surprising how much is out there if you look everywhere and anywhere.

cheers for all the support!

17. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

thats fucked up, good luck with the interview man. remember to spit in your hand and slick your hair down before you go in. flowers in one hand, chocolates in the other. could be its a date im thinking about but im sure the principles the same.

18. Harry3

Harry3 Chuki

easier said than done, but find and secure a new job now then tell your current work to get fucked, it would be the best feeling in the world.

cheeky cunts

19. ThePapa

ThePapa Suffragette City..

Small thing called references that stops you doing that Harry. Honestly grown ups have thought of everything...

20. Harry3

Harry3 Chuki

which I why I said secure a job first, and also why i said "easier said than done".

pff, grown ups.