red trick // elixir

Elixir:

Good rolling track in the old Total Science/Digital vein. Compress the drums more, bring them up in the mix. The subs are great, and so is the break, though the break arrangement is a bit sloppy - quantize and re-edit. Mentasm is a little too loud in the mix, overpowers the drums. Overall, despite a few flaws in the production, this old school dub-style roller has a lot of potential.

Red Trick:

Like the panned intro FX and little vox riff. These intro sounds could really come out more in the mix, though. Drop is too long in my opinion, loses alot of energy, but the fill coming back in is cool. Nice use of subs, drums are too quiet and not compressed enough. Synth is riffy but effective. Track needs to progress a little more IMHO.

Good work!!!

Re: Re: red trick // elixir

freeagent said:
Elixir:

Good rolling track in the old Total Science/Digital vein. Compress the drums more, bring them up in the mix. The subs are great, and so is the break, though the break arrangement is a bit sloppy - quantize and re-edit. Mentasm is a little too loud in the mix, overpowers the drums. Overall, despite a few flaws in the production, this old school dub-style roller has a lot of potential.

Red Trick:

Like the panned intro FX and little vox riff. These intro sounds could really come out more in the mix, though. Drop is too long in my opinion, loses alot of energy, but the fill coming back in is cool. Nice use of subs, drums are too quiet and not compressed enough. Synth is riffy but effective. Track needs to progress a little more IMHO.

Good work!!!

thanx for your review man, will check them again, in elixir i confess the break patern has to be thightend up.

on red trick... i first liked the long drop, but i can asume when hearing them out loud the effect of the drop might kill the flow on the floor...

will sort this out aswell...
about the compression on the drums, that's going to be hard word i guess... i quite thought I reaced the limit. cuz they seemed to klick when i compress more... any advice on this one?

thanx!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom