Records in Sunlight

Do0Bs

Fo Shizzle Dizzle
Hey guys,

Recently I've started noticing that sunlight coming through the window in the room I have my decks in is landing on the shelf where I keep my vinyl.

The window isn't completely clear, its one of those privacy ones you get in bathrooms that have weird patterns on so none can perv on you peeing.

I always keep the records in the covers so the sunlight isn't directly landing on the record surface but the covers do seem to get warm after a while.

Will this damage them in anyway? Should I move them? Or could I stick some paper on the window to deflect the light abit?

Cheers

I have an old black bedsheet that i just chuck over my whole set-up, might be worth doing if your paranoid , keeps the dust out also !

haha yeah why risk it, the sheets not a bad idea

---------- Post added at 21:31 ---------- Previous post was at 21:30 ----------

Also doesn ne1 know about not leaving your vinyls stacked horizontally - i dnt do it cus i heard that was bad but why??

[/COLOR]Also doesn ne1 know about not leaving your vinyls stacked horizontally - i dnt do it cus i heard that was bad but why??

i dont see why its would bad. but then again stackin em horizonally is abit weird, be an arsehole trying to find a tune quikly haha

haha yeah why risk it, the sheets not a bad idea

---------- Post added at 21:31 ---------- Previous post was at 21:30 ----------

Also doesn ne1 know about not leaving your vinyls stacked horizontally - i dnt do it cus i heard that was bad but why??

Unless you wanna use your collection as a distorted frisbee then don't pack them on top of one another. Stand them together side by side.

Unless you wanna use your collection as a distorted frisbee then don't pack them on top of one another. Stand them together side by side.

This. Vinyls heavy old stuff, stack it up and the grooves can get mis-shaped.

And as for sunlight, as has been said, just move them out the way (y)

Back
Top Bottom