Recording With VST's ??????

the-rippa

I'll Kill You Bastard !!!
Alright guys,

Is there a free program i can use (nothing fancy) to host VST's and record.

I just wanna record some bass or whatever and export as a WAV and use in Reason for example.

EDIT: Can i do this in Sound Forge 10

Any ideas..... ??

Last edited:
there r free vst host like savihost for example, but no record function, i dont know a free DAW that can do this.....ah wait just remembered this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LMMS

u can install on windows, its a bit buggy, but should fulfill what u need. Otherwise just use savihost and record the audiooutput with something free like audacity. Or buy reaper, its not that expensive and ive heard mainly good about it as a audio DAW

there r free vst host like savihost for example, but no record function, i dont know a free DAW that can do this.....ah wait just remembered this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LMMS

u can install on windows, its a bit buggy, but should fulfill what u need. Otherwise just use savihost and record the audiooutput with something free like audacity. Or buy reaper, its not that expensive and ive heard mainly good about it as a audio DAW

Thanks mate, i'll have a look...

Try REAPER. It's free to try the full version, but if you dont want to pay the 40€ you can use it after the evaluation with a mild inconvenience. You could also rewire Reason to it and so avoid using many different programs to do what you want. But as a full fledged DAW it's much more complicated to use than simply recording with Sound Forge and then opening up with something else, so it might be a bit of overshooting, depending on what you need.

Try REAPER. It's free to try the full version, but if you dont want to pay the 40€ you can use it after the evaluation with a mild inconvenience. You could also rewire Reason to it and so avoid using many different programs to do what you want. But as a full fledged DAW it's much more complicated to use than simply recording with Sound Forge and then opening up with something else, so it might be a bit of overshooting, depending on what you need.

Once again. Thanks for the reply, ill check it out !!

Back
Top Bottom