Recording to PC

jayded

jjjJayded
I have the kam ddx 750 decks and the mix 150 mixer put through to a korg minikp 3. i tried to record to my pc using the line out on the kp3 but when i listen to it its really distored so much that you can hardly make out the music. do i need a usb interface or something to record?
thanks...

Was you using the Mic In on your PC? Make sure you're using the Line In, if you've got one :) Also check your levels throughout the signal chain

ive tried mic in and line in. i saw just a second ago when i did a search that i should mute the mic input when using line input so ill try that and see what happens. my MKP 3 distorts the signal itself when i switch the volumes up on my mixer so the output on the mixer is not very high and not showing up on the equilizer atall and the volume o each deck is at about 2 bars above zero with gain at about -2 Db. so im pretty much having to control volume using my amp.

no im still getting crazy distortion. through both inputs. its making a constant buzzing noise the whole way through. im going to record a mix any way using my mic. but my mics really rubbish and it sounds hollow but i still gonna do it.
any one else had this problem.
another problem with my gear is that every now and then when i change records the volume on either the left or right channel drops down so i only hear from one speaker or headphone and i have to take the lead out and plug it back in again. could this be faulty gear or crap cheap gear?

desktop.
im running this.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition SP 2
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual
Core Processor 4200+
2.21 Ghz, 1.50 Gb of RAM
Physical Address Memory
DirectX 9.0C
HD Audio
Audio Codec = ALC888
Realtek HD Audio Input and Output

Dont Know what soundcard sorry.

using the demo of wavepad but it did the same when i had audacity installed.
its a really loud humming noise. I apologize... i should have said that instead of distortion.:rinsed:

thats something completely different. i think its a problem thats quite common, if the earth wire in the power cable/powerpack isnt quite connected probley it ommits a hum, as do most electrical items. if you have a spare power cable that will fit your pc, you could try that first, it can sometimes fix it. is it an old pc/powerpack/powercable?

Back
Top Bottom