recording to a mac book pro

k.dirsty

Hi i was just wondering what i need to record from my turntables to my macbook, hardware wise? and software wise?

EDIT: Not Macbook pro, Just a Macbook

Last edited:
just a splitter cable will do fine man, you should already have garage band on your comp which will work fine or you can d/l audacity for free, just take a line out of your mixer with the splitter and plug it into the external input on your mac, should be the little hole right next to the headphones socket

Hi i was just wondering what i need to record from my turntables to my macbook, hardware wise? and software wise?

EDIT: Not Macbook pro, Just a Macbook

If you just want to record use Audacity for Mac....otherwise use a sequencer....Logic will do it

just a splitter cable will do fine man, you should already have garage band on your comp which will work fine or you can d/l audacity for free, just take a line out of your mixer with the splitter and plug it into the external input on your mac, should be the little hole right next to the headphones socket

Do this....I have a macbook pro and it works perfect.....1 bit of advice u might need 2 play around with the input level or the volume of each channel of ur mixer in order to avoid shitty recordings
safe

so what type of cable will i need

If you do not have an external soundcard - you will need a mini jack (which goes in the mic port on the mac book) - to phono or XLR depending on what type of record output it is on you mixer.

Back
Top Bottom