Recording my mixes....

fair play i checked on some website who were trying to charge 25 for it!!!!!

anyways hoped it helped dude

the two ways that I record mixes..

1. Buy a cd burner for a component stereo.. I ran from my mixer to my md in then md out to the input of the cd burner.. works like a charm.

2. bring your pc to your room.. then run the audio out of your mixer into a sound card with preamp in.. Use a software program like adobe audition or sound forge..

the two ways that I record mixes..

1. Buy a cd burner for a component stereo.. I ran from my mixer to my md in then md out to the input of the cd burner.. works like a charm.

2. bring your pc to your room.. then run the audio out of your mixer into a sound card with preamp in.. Use a software program like adobe audition or sound forge..

(y) Cheers for the info :respekt:

my mate had a pioneer cd recorder thingy that didn't need a computer (think it was mentioned before). Just put the cd in, press record and start mixing. Think he struggled with only certain disks being compatible etc. And i think it cost a bomb (about 5 years ago).

Otherwise, get a big drill bit and the long lead. Maplins is a good shop for adapters/leads/jacks and stuff. Thing is, you will need to go downstairs, press record, go upstairs, put record on, go downstairs, check volume settings etc, go upstairs, adjust master volume....you get the picture..

Have you considered getting a cheap old laptop or desktop with Windows 98 or something and putting it with your decks? Could be <£50!

my mate had a pioneer cd recorder thingy that didn't need a computer (think it was mentioned before). Just put the cd in, press record and start mixing. Think he struggled with only certain disks being compatible etc. And i think it cost a bomb (about 5 years ago).

Otherwise, get a big drill bit and the long lead. Maplins is a good shop for adapters/leads/jacks and stuff. Thing is, you will need to go downstairs, press record, go upstairs, put record on, go downstairs, check volume settings etc, go upstairs, adjust master volume....you get the picture..

Have you considered getting a cheap old laptop or desktop with Windows 98 or something and putting it with your decks? Could be <£50!

Cheers for the help.

Never really thought of the old pc option, cheers!

Yeah anything by Pioneer is a lot.

Yeah just what i was thinking the other day, up & down, up & down.

mine is just a lead out of the mixer into the soundcard of the computer, but then again im lucky enough to have a computer in my room.

need to start recording more mixes, i can just never be bothered.

i normally practise mixing for about 40 minutes or something, then do something stupid or clang a mix a bit and get pissed off and fuck it off lol

back in the day, (well about 98/99) in our office, we used to resurrect old PC's to put on the network just to run printers or the back up tapes. Windows 95 ran on a clapped out x486 successfully.

Once you strip down all the guff you get with windows, and if you're not running anything else on it, a crap old 200mhz thing will easily do the job. Might have change for an ok sound card with built in memory or something. In theory, you will only have one bit of software (sound recording) running on it. I use cool edit pro.

Need to know a bit about formatting the hard drive, and which bits of windows you can uninstall/delete safely.

It's nearly car boot sale season! lol
I've got rid of old pc's and monitors for £5 a piece at the car boot!

Back
Top Bottom