recording mixes

chris getme

Dub Logic
Iv just bought a Citronic AC-1USB to record mixes with. For those who dont know what it is, its a little box to go between mixer and PC/ Mac.
Im usin Logic on MAC.
Ill just explain how it works so ppl are more likely to understand the problem. Mixer goes to input on the ting. Outputs on the ting to speakers. Built in USB to MAC from the box ting for the recording. Problem is that there seems to be a delay when I connect the box, between what is coming out of the mixer (in headphones) and the speakers after it has gone through the box ting.

Any help would be much appreciated as I can barely mix when the things in and its really pissin me off. Nice one people!

this is a typicall problem with soundcards / a to d converters that dont have monitoring outputs from the unit themselves. the problem lies with the latency between converting the audio signal into digital and then that info beiong sent via usb.

unless ur "thingy" has a monitor output that u can plug into ur speakers then u will always get delay if ur monitoring the signal being sent. u can always just route ur mixers monitor or booth output to the speakers and the master to the mac (via the soundcard).

hope this helps.

Its got outputs going to the speakers. Whats the difference between this and monitoring outputs?

Also my mixers only got 2 channels an a master, so im not sure if thats possible. Surely thee must be way around it cos you just cant really use it as i is.
Cheers for the help nyway mate, appreciated.

Anymore suggestions/tips?

I've had a same sort of problem in the past. You sure you haven't just accidentally got the delay effects switched on your mixer? :)
Nah seriously though, i've got the behringer audio interface and I can't say i've had problems.
The only thing that comes to mind might be your mixer... what mixer have you got? is it a digital mixer?

Back
Top Bottom